[Recommend] Web hosting for my needs...

First of all I've had a personal website, also had a website with freewebs back in the days, and msn spaces.

So basically I need some type of free webhosting where I can post MAINLY photos, and obviouslt some articles every now and then. It's pretty much like a blog, but I'd love to have a very simple design.

When I had my personal website it was a big headache to design it. It took me months to design a website because I've never studied HTML or CSS so it was difficult. So it's not because of the cost of web hosting but becuase of the design, since I don't know any.

As regards to MSN Spaces... I'm using it right now, but it's bloated, slow, childish, basically I don't like ... does not look simple and professional. Let's say you have a package of 25 photos, and you want to view a specific one... you can't just select that specific thumbnail and enlarge the photo. That's only one reason. Freewebs was kinda good, but I didn't like their designs, and would like to know of some type of free webhosting which suite my needs the best.

I will probably use free image hosting for hosting of photos instead of uploading them on the free hosting server... anyways I need some recommendations, since I got my K750i I started to take photos and am thinking of buying a pro camera sometime because I'm starting the like photography :)

... your turn now :cool:

Well I could give you free hosting, I got my own windows server :) With free subdomain core-tech.org , install word press, http://wordpress.org . It's a blogging system, a great one. Have a look round and tell me if you're interested.

good luck,

Khyshen.

I've heard about this Word Press, I think I was searching (or googling nowadays :p) about this same subject. I haven't read anything from their website yet, so what is it exactly? Does it let you design your blog and uploading it to any hosting?

lol, he said he wants free hosting... seems like he's a newbie to this stuff. no point taking him to ftp and stuff YET. well, wordpress is some php stuff that let's you post stuff... you can make themes for it sure, but you need to know a little bit about css. it's pretty easy in my opinion! so if you want me to give you a test drive, just send me a pm :)

regards,

khyshen

I already said this, the problem is not that of finding a cheap web hosting but I don;t know any web design or at least my knowledge is very limited so I need something simple.

EDIT: to the above post. I've done some CSS, I've done some HTML, I've used FTP a lot... but I don't have anough knowledge to design a whole website from scratch and I don't have the time anyways.

I would use http://www.flickr.com/ to host your pictures and then find a Host (not gonna find a good free one) that will support and help you install WordPress.

With WordPress you can use themes that other people have created and also link to your Flickr account for people to see pictures. You don't need to have any HTML or CSS knowledge to do this setup, just the willingness to spend 30 - 60 minutes on configuring it and playing with the settings.

• 2 months later...

i can give you free php hosting with a mysql database...if you want help with it i can help you set up a wordpress with a cool flickr plugin to display your pictures