Trade my Mac For Pc

I fail to see why he would need to sell it. He already has Boot Camp and Windows. Why not just continue to use Windows on the MacBook? What would be accomplished by selling it and purchasing a Vaio or a Dell?

Exactly.

I'll trade you straight up. I've got an Inspiron 9300. I'll PM you the deets once I get home, I'm at work so. I've wanted to switch to a Mac for a while now but thought it wise to stick with Windows. Now, after working as a tech for about nine months, I want a Mac cuz I've had it with Windows. Not because Windows is bad but because of different peoples experiences with it has ruined it for me. It's taken the fun out of it and OS X is looking pretty tasty right now.

I'm serious on this. The notebook is flawless and I've redone it with Xp Pro Sp2. It's got all the bells and whistles on it. If you're interested, pm me.

I think it would be a mistake to sell it and buy another windows machine. How it "feels" is all a matter of getting used to it, and you do that by actually using it for a while (and only a month isn't very long vs x-years of windows pcs). Even if you end up going windows-only with it, then it would still amount to the same thing as any other windows system. It would just seem wasteful and somewhat pointless to swap one perfectly good system running windows for another one. I'd personally give os x more time though; there really is a lot to appreciate about it.

Like other suggested,

It is better to sell your Mac first. It can be ebay or amazon, your choice. Don't go for a trade since you can always get better deal and choices with buying new.

XP is such a dog compared to OS X. And don't forget that Vista will be going up against Leopard.

I was a long-time Windows user, moved to Linux, and then moved to OS X. Best decision I ever made in terms of my day-to-day productivity.

Most PC users are clamoring, drooling for a mac. Once you switch to Windows, you'll soon realize why.

**** that man, I've discovered some stuff that I didn not know that windows could not do. I'LL stay with the mac, thank you.

I mean why the **** should i switch to a dell that has fast parts when I have a really beatiful looking and fast computer on my lap right now.

it's like comparing a toyota to a benz.

Why not get a Benz for $400 extra when you know you will get more quality stuff. Like paying more for the better engine. the engine in macs are tiger. i really dont know how to explain it. it's like,

why not pay more for something that has quality parts and will not **** up on you and that will work and make you more easier to work/use/drive.

i dont know how comparing a dell to a mac and comparing a dell to a toyota and a benz to a mac

but you probably get the idea

I've got a Dell E1505 with the true life screen. Razor sharp, crystal clear. If you use it outdoors thought,

you might want to opt out of the true life screen. I don't use mine outdoors, but I've heard they reflect

too much outdoors. Mine has the duo core, gig ram. This is my 2nd Dell Inspiron. First one was a

5100. Great laptop. I carry mine in a tool bag, wheelie cart, bouncing over steps, in and out of a

hot/cold car. no problems. Great little laptop

:alien:

I use the mac, for surfing the web, watching movies, chat and a little bit of music.

I was looking at the Delle1505, I can get the top of the line laptop for less then what I payed for the mac with coupons.

Edited by fred666

**** that man, I've discovered some stuff that I didn not know that windows could not do. I'LL stay with the mac, thank you.

I mean why the **** should i switch to a dell that has fast parts when I have a really beatiful looking and fast computer on my lap right now.

it's like comparing a toyota to a benz.

Why not get a Benz for $400 extra when you know you will get more quality stuff. Like paying more for the better engine. the engine in macs are tiger. i really dont know how to explain it. it's like,

why not pay more for something that has quality parts and will not **** up on you and that will work and make you more easier to work/use/drive.

i dont know how comparing a dell to a mac and comparing a dell to a toyota and a benz to a mac

but you probably get the idea

I barely understood a word of that.

XP is such a dog compared to OS X. And don't forget that Vista will be going up against Leopard.

I was a long-time Windows user, moved to Linux, and then moved to OS X. Best decision I ever made in terms of my day-to-day productivity.

Most PC users are clamoring, drooling for a mac. Once you switch to Windows, you'll soon realize why.

drooling for a mac?? after my experience with them i wouldnt take a mac for free. If you want to switch then switch but this is a bad place for advice. look at all the mac users trying to make you stay so the userbase doesnt drop below 8% lol

I think you should do whatever you feel is best for you. I personally have switched to a mac, but just like browsers to each their own. You should get what you personally want to use.

On big decisions though like what you have infront of you. I tend to sleep on it and wait a week. See how you feel after that. You don't want to jump back over and realize you don't like your decision.

Like I've said in alot of other Mac topics, this is what happens when the latest trend drags you in, chews you up and spits you out :p

Your sig says it all:

"Apple iPod Nano White. <--- Looks so Perfect next to the Macbook.

Apple MacBook 1.83GHZ CoreDuo - F*** that, I <3 my MAC!"

Call me a cynic but I really do believe that alot of people buy Macs so that their desk will look pretty with their iPod's sitting next to it.

Personally I'd love to be able to afford a Mac, but to each their own :)

Edited by Phixion

When you've got an Intel-based Mac that can run OS X and Windows beautifully, you're using best-of-breed technology. It's what the competition consistently aspires to.

Go ahead and switch to a PC. Then watch what OS X Leopard will do.

I would definitely trade you for my laptop (2ghz Athlon 64, 512mb, 80gb, RADEON9700 [128mb AGP8X]) but I'd really rather have the 2ghz MacBook with the DVD burner, as I needs to burn me CDs :(

I am currently looking to get a mac book. I have a gateway laptop with some very good specs. I do music production and in order to be completely compatible with the people I work with getting a mac book would be awesome.

I recently switched (eh laptop wise..I still use my AMD X2 desktop w/ dual 19" DELL LCD's all the time) to a macbook. I gotta say since I upraded this thing to 2GB RAM and 100GB HD, this thing kicks ass. It does all that I need it to on the road and boot camp is just an extra to me. OSX is a powerful OS, you just need to learn all its secrets. Stay with the Mac man.

• 2 weeks later...
I use the mac, for surfing the web, watching movies, chat and a little bit of music.

I was looking at the Delle1505, I can get the top of the line laptop for less then what I payed for the mac with coupons.

Sonys do seem expensive and I am leaning more over the dells.

Windows on a macintosh doesn't feel right.

WHat should i do.

Believe it or not, I'd recommend the E1405 over the E1505. While the latter allows for more powerful hardware (such as a dedicated video card,) the entire laptop computer is also quite a bit heavier and larger. The E1405 is almost exactly the same, and much smaller and lighter. Not to mention that the battery it uses isn't being affected by the current recall.

Why Buy a Dell? They're more for the generic I-don't-know-anything-about-computers type of people. If you want a kick-ass system, get an Alienware or some other high end system. If you get an XPS you'll be waiting for ever.

If you can afford it, the smart thing to do would be to get a Mac Pro and simply run Windows on it via Parallels or Bootcamp. You can expand the hell out of that rig, apparently.

Otherwise, look, I gotta tell ya, Apple has it locked down when it comes to sheer quality of OS and apps. Most major Windows productivity software is out for OS X as wel. If you can manage it at all, keep your mac and get PC for gaming. That's what I do, but I also find myself gaming on the Mac more and more, i.e., WoW.

Unless you run industry-specialized software that was designed to only run on Windows (which I highly doubt), I really don't see why you should get rid of your mac.