File sharing between WinXP Home & Pro on WAN

Hi all. Recently I was convinced to make the switch from a wireless ad-hoc network to using a router. :) And I have to say it really *does* perform MUCH better!

To get it working 100% to my liking, though, I have one thing left to solve. And I've tried a ton of procedures to try to get this to work. . . so I'm here to ask the experts. :)

What I have set up is a wireless network that goes through a router to communicate between two PCs, one with Windows XP Home and the other with Pro. (Both have Service Pack 2.) I have a firewall on both PCs but it's a different one: on the main computer - connected directly to the router through ethernet - I have Norton Personal Firewall 2006. On the remote computer - connected to the network wirelessly - I have Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall running. As far as I know, I've added both computers to each other as trusted locations for networking.

I can access files on the main computer (Home, wired) from the remote computer (Pro, wireless), but not the other way around.

Is there something I'm overlooking? Please help! :unsure:

Thanks in advance.

Have you remembered to put them on the same workgroup

Allow file and printer sharing in Win XP SP2 firewall (or, if u got norton/kerio, turned it off)

Got anything shared on the pro, wireless pc)

D'OH. . . as soon as I disable the firewall on the main computer it works. :blush: That should have been the first thing I checked.

Thanks for the help, I can get it from there. :) Just a setting I have to change.

I can't believe I missed that. . . :pinch: