Ruud on the Muuv

"Madrid announced the transfer in a statement on its Web site on Thursday, saying Van Nistelrooy will be presented at Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu Stadium on Friday following a routine medical examination."

"Van Nistelrooy will be Madrid's third acquisition since Ramon Calderon won the club's presidential election on July 3. Fabio Cannavaro and Emerson arrived earlier this week from Italian club Juventus."

Source

Ruud van Nistelrooy has been given the go-ahead to undergo a medical with Real Madrid.

Reports on Thursday evening had suggested that a deal to take the striker to Spain had been sealed. However, a club statement has confirmed that these reports are premature.

A club spokeswoman told ManUtd.com: "Manchester United give permission for Ruud van Nistelrooy to travel to Real Madrid for a medical.

"However, terms of agreement are yet to be finalised between the two clubs."

Source:Manchester United Official Web Site

So that means RVN WILL leave United :unsure:

Thats a terrible news for me :no: I was happy with the fact that United was not going to sell RVN for cheap, but now it looks certain that he will leave.

Anyways another news is out:

BBC SPORT

Carrick close to Man Utd switch

Manchester United are set to successfully conclude their pursuit of Spurs' Michael Carrick after selling Ruud van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid.

Boss Sir Alex Ferguson is poised to seal a reported ?15m deal for England midfield man Carrick after raking in ?10.3m for striker Van Nistelrooy.

Spurs are expected to confirm Carrick's departure for United on Friday.

United made a bid of ?10m for Carrick, 25, during the World Cup, but Spurs have driven a hard bargain.

And the sale represents a massive profit for Spurs, who signed Carrick from West Ham United for ?2.75m two years ago.

Carrick has not featured in either of Spurs' pre-season friendlies this week against Stevenage Borough or Bishop's Stortford as United waited in the wings.

The midfielder has won seven England caps, making his debut when coming on as a substitute against Mexico in 2001.

He was part of England's World Cup squad but made just one appearance in Germany, in the 1-0 win over Ecuador in the first game of the knockout stages.

Carrick had two years left on his deal at White Hart Lane, but had rejected a new contract offer in the wake of United's persistent interest.

Spurs boss Martin Jol's determination to hold out for a fee which closely matched their ?20m valuation of the player has given them more transfer cash to spend.

He has already signed 22-year-old Benoit Assou-Ekotto from Lens and spent ?10.9m on Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov but missed out on Chelsea's left-winger Damien Duff.

The summer signing of Ivory Coast international Didier Zokora will make Carrick's departure somewhat less painful for Jol, who can now continue his search for a left-sided midfielder in earnest.

Carrick will become United's fifth most expensive signing behind Rio Ferdinand, Juan Sebastian Veron, Wayne Rooney and Van Nistelrooy.

United visit Amsterdam next week where they are due to play both Porto and Ajax and Carrick is expected to be part of the squad.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi...utd/5222956.stm

Published: 2006/07/28 06:32:47 GMT

? BBC MMVI

Aleast this is some good news for United.

Source:Manchester United Official Web Site

So that means RVN WILL leave United :unsure:

Thats a terrible news for me :no: I was happy with the fact that United was not going to sell RVN for cheap, but now it looks certain that he will leave.

Told you he was going :p! He has been hankering for a move away for well over a year. Who are you going to replace him with?

Told you he was going :p! He has been hankering for a move away for well over a year. Who are you going to replace him with?

Ronaldo! Oh wait...

Real Madrid have unveiled Ruud van Nistelrooy as their latest signing.

The Dutchman has signed a three-year deal at El Santiago Bernabeu after leaving Manchester United.

Van Nistelrooy was given permission to hold talks with Real on Thursday after the Spanish giants agreed a fee in the region of ?10 million for the Dutch international.

The former PSV Eindhoven hit-man tied up the move earlier on Friday after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

Real beat Bayern Munich in the race to sign van Nistelrooy and the Dutchman admitted it was an honour to join the Spanish titans.

"This move means everything to me," said van Nistelrooy.

"It's a great honour to stand here in the Bernabeu and it is a dream come true.

"Real Madrid is a great club; it's got history, the greatest players ever have played here, so it's a great honour on my side.

"I want to thank everybody for the confidence and belief they have shown in me and I will do everything in my ability to pay them back.

"I am very very happy, thank you all."

Only 10 million for Van Nistlerooy? What a snip for Real, and how will Manure cope without him?!?

United have also agreed a fee for Michael Carrick, which is thought to be in the region of 17 million. This just get's better and better, because Carrick is not worth 17 million, I mean Carrick is not half the player that Xabi Alonso is and he only cost Liverpool 10.5 million! Spurs will be laughing all the way to the bank as they already have his replacement in Didier Zokora!

:rofl::

Edited by Martyn

Ruud would have to leave no matter what because he's out of favour in the club.

And 18M pounds for Michael Carrick is waaaaaayyyyy overpriced. He's only worth 10M pounds!

You are forgetting one thing here people. If they are english then they will cost more

If they are an ok player like lower prem and are english they will be a nice solid price

But if they are english and in the top part of the prem they will cost alot. non english players are mostly cheap.