Can Someone please "Colorize" this picture for me?

Question

Hello all,

My nan recently passed away, I have found this photo of her getting married to gramps and I have managed to repair it using various tools available, but now I would like to make it color.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out, it would be a great gift to my mum....

I have therefore offered it up to the Neowin GFX gurus to give it a whirl, if possible.

I would be more than willing to offer the artist whos final picture I select a payment via paypal, im afraid it would not be much but somewhere in the region of ?15-$30.

Would any one be willing to help me on this?

Zipped Picture in BMP Format

Cheers all.

SilverB.

Edited by SilverBulletUK

21 answers to this question

Also, I should say that RapidShare is despised by so many on here because their ISP uses proxies, preventing us from downloading. Try to find somewhere to host it.

Many thanks "Relativity_17", much appreciated!

Im sorry guys, i have no idea what the original colours were...

Is this do-able?

seriously.. how did you do that Andre ?

Pretty sure that's just selecting the areas and then using the variations option in Photoshop. Not to hard to do, but can be time consuming. Excellent job Andre, though I did notice that the a part of the flower where the shadow should be is also red, but I'm just picky ;)

WOW, I'm really impressed Andre! And may I add, very appreciative.

Is there any particular application you use?

Withg regards to "Recolored", I downloaded and had a good hour or so attempting to colorize the image, but to be honest, my attempts were terrible! Im not artist thats for sure.!!

Amazing Andre, just amazing!