Shift Linux 0.2 FLUX Now available to Download!

Hey everyone,

After a rather stressful night last night, I can now proudly announce that Shift Linux 0.2 FLUX is now available to download! I have created a torrent, which can be downloaded <Link Removed> (getting errors at this time)

Known Issues:

• Hardware support is greatly extended, however "Virtual" network cards such as the ones in VMWare or Virtual PC may still not be detected. If you discover this to be the case, please register a bug.
  • I am still not confident that this version will successfully do a hard drive install. If you find the option, unless you are using it from within a virtual machine, please do not use it for now.
  • Boot Loader graphics can appear distorted or incomplete on some systems. This is a known issue, and will not affect your enjoyment of Shift.
  • The vast majority of branding is still referring to Morphix. This will change in 0.3

Other than that, please ensure that you post any bugs on the Bug Tracker. PLEASE do not post bugs here!!!

I hope everyone enjoys this version of Shift :)

Paul.

Edited by barneyt

We are having trouble getting this torrent to work (missing key).

The error we get is:

"shift_02_flux.iso" : Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: missing key

If anyone can give us suggestions we would appreciate it.

Barney

Firewall or something? I'm not a torrent user, I just use them when they're needed.

Well, Linux Tracker is offline, so it may be something with their site......

Barney

Oooh! As soon as the torrent is available, count on me to help seed while I test on a different PC. (Y)

Oooh! As soon as the torrent is available, count on me to help seed while I test on a different PC. (Y)

I'm with you, pal. Getting the file up is just a lesson in frustration.... :no:

Does anyone know of another good, reliable torrent site to put our file on?

Barney

demonoid is alright even though it isnt a linux website they will host it and have a popular fast tracker. the reason they dont run there own is because of the demand i doubt they have the resources to do so.

Yeah, but I don't think that the official website is up yet...... I may try this site:

http://www.tlm-project.org/

However Kinetix63 has the file and he is out at the moment. We'll get it up soon.....

Barney

Why don't you set up a custom Shift Linux torrent site, using a base like Blog Torrent?

That would be great if I could get someone with a fast server to help........ anyone?

http://www.blogtorrent.com/

Barney

I have two fast servers. :laugh:

I'll try setting up Blog Torrent on one now. :)

Very nice. Kinetix63 has the .iso file, so he will have to do the uploading when he gets home......

Barney

You guys must hurry, before my urge to bugtest wears away!

Knowing it is completed and that I cannot have it makes me even more anxious.

Maxshanly, We are unable to access your FTP server with the password you gave us. Please PM me with the details as soon as you can.

Barney

Maxshanly, We are unable to access your FTP server with the password you gave us. Please PM me with the details as soon as you can.

Barney

You can upload to my server, shiftlinux.com. That's unmetered. You have the password.

A big thanks to Maxshanly for hosting this for us! As he said, please go ahead and start downloading!

Remember, all bugs should be posted in the Bug Tracker

Please feel free to PM me if you have problems, or need any help at all.

Edited by kinetix63