Floyd Landis is a damn cheat !

Floyd Landis was fired by his team and the Tour de France no longer considered him its champion Saturday after his second doping sample tested positive for higher-than-allowable levels of testosterone. The samples contained synthetic testosterone, indicating that it came from an outside source.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/colu...tory?id=2540280

Iam sick and tired of this crap.....first all the Olympics athletes takin **** and then Baseball players and now this....i mean look at barry Bonds ?? he starts hitting homers like a maniac late in his career and breaks the single season record.....and Mark McGwire wasn't any bhetter.....in my mind the record still belongs to Roger Maris....and this Landis guy comes from nowhere to win the tour de france ....and iam convinced Lance Armstrong was no better..... i mean he just also comes out nowhere after caner and becomes a world class cyclist....absolute crap

He is seizing on everything, every little scrap of a possibility. It's just a wild fight for his name. And, significantly, Landis and his people are willing to assume that the U.S. citizenry is absolutely the most willfully ignorant group of sports fans on the face of the earth -- that maybe we'll buy the beer-and-whiskey explanation because, hell, why not? It isn't as though we haven't swallowed some whoppers before.

That much, of itself, is resolutely American. From Barry Bonds' flaxseed oil to Justin Gatlin's evil masseuse, we've had just about every possible explanation for cheating thrown our way. Don't think Landis' advisers aren't aware of how often it seems to work, even if only well enough to buy a little time.

I see from the article that apparently living in America somehow genetically alters you to be a liar. That's some of the worst narrow-minded ignorance I've ever seen in a sports piece. I'm sure he also thinks that people in Poland require five people to screw in a light bulb, all English have bad teeth, and all Mexicans wear sombreros and serapes.

Edited by Unwonted

I see from the article that apparently living in America somehow genetically alters you to be a liar. That's some of the worst narrow-minded ignorance I've ever seen in a sports piece. I'm sure he also thinks that people in Poland require five people to screw in a light bulb.

i don't agree mate....i think hes right in saying that Americans think they are above and beyond everything...and its true that a cheater like Jason Giambi is treated like a hero now and is considered some kind of victim by the American public even though he is an admitted cheater :yes: :yes: :yes:

Edited by ranasrule

i dont agree mate....i think hes right in sayin that Americans think they are above and beyond everything...and its true that cheaters like Jason Giambi are treated like heroes now and is considered some kind of victim by the american public even though he is an admitted cheater :yes: :yes: :yes:

Yeah, and all people in Pakistan ride camels everywhere and live in small tents, right? Give me a break... I'm just as disgusted by cheaters' behavior as anyone else.

i don't agree mate....i think hes right in saying that Americans think they are above and beyond everything...and its true that a cheater like Jason Giambi is treated like a hero now and is considered some kind of victim by the American public even though he is an admitted cheater :yes: :yes: :yes:

You share his level of ignorance, then, if you feel that everyone who lives in a country magically share a brainwave because of the soil they happen to live on.

Yeah, and all people in Pakistan ride camels everywhere and live in small tents, right? Give me a break... I'm just as disgusted by cheaters' behavior as anyone else.

i didnt say ALL americans....but the majority hold that those kida views.....btw people who live in deserts in Pakistan like the thar desert do live in tents and ride camels...its the wise thing to do in those conditions.....no use buyin a Ferrari and builkding a brick house that will get hot as hell when there is nothin but sand all around :D

but yeah ur right not ALL Pakistanis live like thhat...just a very small minority and i dont think there are many people ignorant enough to think that Pakistanis live that way

now this is going to turn into a fight cos of a guy that says america is full of liars and cheats. yet if we were to share some of our views on arab countries we get in trouble.

i didnt say ALL americans....but the majority hold that those kida views.....

WTF, how do you even know? It seems like every thread you make tries to make someone angry (usually Americans)

WTF, how do you even know? It seems like every thread you make tries to make someone angry (usually Americans)

i know....ive lived in the US for 5 years.....and that how i generally found people to be....i have nothin against americans i still have many friends there but they just will never admit that their athelets cheat just as much as those fro other countries (probably more)....i cant help it if Americans find my threads offensive....the truth can be bitter

i know....ive lived in the US for 5 years.....and that how i generally found people to be....i have nothin against americans i still have many friends there but they just will never admit that their athelets cheat just as much as those fro other countries (probably more)

"Well my friends won't admit that people cheated thus a majority of Americans are like my friends"? Maybe the problem is that you have ignorant friends.

Your survey sample is pretty small, then, if you claim that a majority of Americans think that way. You're going to need more proof (and better logic) to make a claim like that and have people believe it.

I think he was drugged somehow. The people know that they will be found out if they do this and he looked really sincere to me, I honestly believe someone has somehow got synthetic testosterone into his system to make him lose the title.

i didnt say ALL americans....but the majority hold that those kida views.....btw people who live in deserts in Pakistan like the thar desert do live in tents and ride camels...its the wise thing to do in those conditions.....no use buyin a Ferrari and builkding a brick house that will get hot as hell when there is nothin but sand all around :D

but yeah ur right not ALL Pakistanis live like that...just a very small minority and i don't think there are many people ignorant enough to think that Pakistanis live that way

Umm.. not if you have central air? :rofl:

and to be quite honest the whole sport of cycling is now a joke. not only did Floyd Landis the top 3 cyclists that were going to run in the tour de France were also linked to performance enhancements... and don't forget about the German team in the Olympics that were all juiced and rattled the world with their numerous am mounts of gold medals thanks to steroids.

and lastly, Giambi (who is a idiot) Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire were people who made bad choices. There was no rule against steroids at the time that they took them there is no way of telling how many of the home runs should not count because the pitchers also were juiced.

i know....ive lived in the US for 5 years.....and that how i generally found people to be....i have nothin against americans i still have many friends there but they just will never admit that their athelets cheat just as much as those fro other countries (probably more)....i cant help it if Americans find my threads offensive....the truth can be bitter

I guess being deported can cause bitterness too....but face the facts...all countries athletes use drugs enhancements..it just that since the Americans are usually the winners...they are in the spotlight more.

Actually im pretty sure ranasrule lives in Iowa, but claims to live somewhere else so he can look cool on the internet. Now see the thing is i claim to also live in ohio, but the difference between me and you is that I actually live where i claim i do. Anyways can you show me when lance armstrong cheated because i forgot when he did.

Also yeah look at this giant juiced up thug right here

d01fc6.jpg

That massive beast cheated sooooooo bad he hit 50 homeruns his rookie year, you can obviously tell he cheated, im mean look how huge he is.

I guess being deported can cause bitterness too....but face the facts...all countries athletes use drugs enhancements..it just that since the Americans are usually the winners...they are in the spotlight more.

typical RED State comment....just because iam muslim u suppose iam some sort of terrorist or was an illegal immigrant and hence was deported :rolleyes: ......btw my father was in the US on a scholarship to get a PhD and once he got it we came back to where we belong :D