.Com Hosting

I am going to start a small buisness within the next year and I want to preregister the domain and possibly put up a webpage acknowledging the service. Any suggestions?

if you just want to park the domain register it at godaddy they will provide you with some free webhosting so you can say "hey this is coming soon"

I use GoDaddy, for my .coms. They are extremely cheap and flexible, and their hosting plans are excellent. Their lowest one may not be extremely reliable, but if its a small site, there is no need to worry. 5Gb space, 10 MySql DBs, 250Gb Bandwidth! This is a dream come true!

As already stated, godaddy would be a good bet for a registrar.. Anyone I can think of provides parked pages, if not some min space etc. You do understand there is a difference between a registrar (where you get your domain name), and a webhost -- where your site is hosted.

If you no going you put up any real site as of yet, all you need is a registrar, ie godaddy - they will provided a "coming soon" type page as soon as you register the domain with them.. about $8.95 a year - not counting extra's you might want.