[Linux Users] Would you buy a pre-loaded Linux PC?

Would you buy a pre-loaded Linux PC?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a pre-loaded Linux PC?

• Yes! Even if it cost a bit more than the Windows version.
    • Yes, but only if it were the same or less than the Windows version.
    • Only if it cost less, and I would remove the pre-installed version to set up my own distro/config. I would prefer a "No OS" PC
    • I would never buy a Linux PC because I don't like Linux, but I really like to vote in polls. :P

I BYO (Build Your Own) anyway, but if i was buying OEM i would want it to cost less than Windows (no Windows license), but i would also wipe it, set it up my own way.

If there was an option to preload linux, I would do it if it cost the same or less, if it was more i would pick windows and knowing the pc is linux compatible install my own distro.

If i need to buy an OEM system, such as a laptop, and it was windows, i would buy it with windows installed, because the license is cheaper, but i would format and reinstall it straight away, so that its done MY way.

With linux, i prefer to have a non installed system, because the distro i like is extremely rare, and hardly anyone uses it. Plus, i like to have it set up MY way, and not how the system builder liked it.

There should also be an option for "i dont buy PCs, i build them", because that would be my first choice.

I always build my own so none of the options apply anyway. Where's the custom build option? I would however, buy a laptop pre-installed with Linux, which I plan to do in the not too distant future. In that instance, I wouldn't pay greatly over the odds for it though. If the price was substantially more than the 'Windows version' then I'd get the latter and install Linux myself.

And come on bmaher, tell us. What's your distro? :laugh:

[EDIT]

I've just put two and two together and noticed your other thread, about using Vector Linux :p . Vector isn't that wierd or unknown, 460 hits a day on Distrowatch is respectable enough ;) .

Edited by Tuxic

I voted for first option. But, actually I would prefer to install linux myself. It's a lot of fun to install linux personally. Others can't configure it to your liking.

Also, the bundled linux should be something good. Not some stupid half baked unknown distro. I would be happy to see, someday, Ubuntu or even Suse or FC bundled with PC's.

[EDIT]

I've just put two and two together and noticed your other thread, about using Vector Linux :p . Vector isn't that wierd or unknown, 460 hits a day on Distrowatch is respectable enough ;) .

Ha! I even posted in that thread, wow I'm slow...