Buying My First Mac And Need Help

Guys

I am planning on buying a new Power Mac G4 system around the December -January time frame, and want to know a few things before I purchase the Power Mac dual 867 Mac.

1. Is it possible to add third party CD-Burns to the MAC? The system comes with a burner but 16X is slow compared to my 48X in my PC.

2. Are internal hard drives as easy to install as they are on PC's?

3. Is Apple going to discontinue this Model in January and add a faster MAC to the Ultimate?

Thanks Guys

1. Yes, you can add cd drives to your hearts content just like a pc.

2. Yes, internal hard drives install exactly like a PC's would.

3. I haven't heard any rumors yet but the dual G4 tower's are still pretty new. Apple might dish out a dual 1.5ghz system in the beginning of 2003 but other than that I don't see anything new on the horizon.

If you have any other questions feel free to IM or email me at neowinet@msn.com

Well, your first two questions are answered. I hadn't heard anything either about Apple discontinuing any PMacs. But I too would think a speed update would be coming at the beginning of the year.

It varies. The online Apple store has them for sale right when they are announced. Course sometimes they are backordered because of parts. IE Systems that came with the Geforce4Ti earlier this year were backordered bigtime because of a lack of parts. I think it took a little bit for the 17" imacs to make it out. But the ibooks should be within a couple days at most.

hope u enjoy your mac when u get it :), right now the powermacs (dual) have a sound problem, cuz the fan is awefully loud....but if u dont mind the sound of a fan, u will probably love the computer lol, it's a sweet computer to use (867 and dual ghz) but just way too expensive :(