DDR2 800 vs DDR2 1066

dude this is 3 months old and your question doesn't make too much sense. video memory and system memory are different the GPU uses the video memory at much higher speeds than the cpu can use regular memory. if you pay attention to your video card it's not ddr3 memory it's gddr the g is for graphics.

DDR2 RAM has nothing to do with your Graphics Card.

Welcome to Neowin. :yes:

Ok, thanks. I just learning about all this stuff. Trying to attempt building my computer for the first time.

um, no, thats 15 months old. '07

*reported*

It was on google, the third one from the top. I was just trying to get help, no need to be a prick.

well, to answer your question - your RAM is independent of the video card. 1066MHz ram still wont provide much increase in performance over 800MHz ram. the benefit is when you overclock your cpu... 1066MHz memory provides more breathing room.

well, to answer your question - your RAM is independent of the video card. 1066MHz ram still wont provide much increase in performance over 800MHz ram. the benefit is when you overclock your cpu... 1066MHz memory provides more breathing room.

Does overclocking void the warranty, and is that worth it?

you can post a new topic...

I didn't think about it. I just saw that this was relating to what I was curious about. Building a PC has a lot more involved then I thought.

Next time, look at the date, please.

Overclocking does not void warranty. A safe overclock will not harm your computer. It's worth it, Most of us on these forums Overclock.