Windows Live OneCare Renewal

Got this in my inbox today:

Windows Live OneCare (billing@microsoft.com)

To: ?

Subject: Confirmation of Renewal: Windows Live OneCare BETA

Dear Customer,

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to Windows Live OneCare BETA. This renewal goes into effect on Monday, August 21, 2006. Here is a description of the service:

You have selected Windows Live OneCare BETA (1 PC) for free for one year. Windows Live OneCare is the comprehensive protection and performance service for your Windows XP PC and includes Antivirus, Antispyware, Firewall Protection, PC Maintenance, and Backup. You must agree to the Windows Live OneCare Subscription Agreement to access the service. Product key required. Valid in US only.

For information about your account, go to https://billing.microsoft.com, and select one of the following options:

To update payment information, click on the payment method's link under 'Payment type', on the next page click 'Go to payment method information', and on the next page click 'Edit payment method information'.

For information about canceling a service, click the service name, and then on the next page click 'Cancel my service'.

To view a billing statement for a payment method, click the payment method's link under 'Payment type'.

To review the agreement that you accepted when purchasing a service, click the service name, and then on the next page click 'Read service agreement'.

For help with your account, click 'Contact support'.

Thank you for using Microsoft Online Services!

Microsoft Customer Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Please do not respond to this message.

To receive notifications at a different e-mail address, sign in to your account at https://billing.microsoft.com, select 'Go to personal information', then click 'Edit personal information', change the 'Contact e-mail', and click 'Save'.

For more information on online safety visit http://www.microsoft.com/phishing.

Form: 24

Been to billing and seen this:

Windows Live OneCare BETAStatus:

Enabled

Purchased:

8/21/2006

End date:

8/21/2007

Renew this service

Cancel my service

Account name:

Windows OneCare Account created on 8/21/2005

Payment method:

Prepaid PINs applied to this service.View

I'm part of the perpetual beta,cant see anywhere that I'm being charged so is all is ok yeah?

Opened Windows Live OneCare and its saying to update(however I cant,its saying my subscription has expired) and purchase can anyone tell me for sure if I the perpetual has ended & I'll need to purchase it etc?,sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm confused as I havent heard that the perpetual has ended. :wacko:

Edited by jameseuk

I recieved that a few days ago. Your onecare subscription should be renewed so there is no purchase necessary. You can provide feedback at connect.microsoft.com

I've registered 2 pins so far to get it free,I think something is wrong with OneCare though as I cant update. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Go and reinstall OneCare.

I uninstalled it,tried installing it again using my regkey/pin it wouldnt work,emailed the invite addy & explained why I unistalled it etc and they havent got back to me yet. :(