Soccer/football goal keepers!

What gloves would you guys recommend?

I'm thinking of getting either these or these or these or these or these

I know its a long list, but im looking for something very durable, something that has a great grip. Price isn't really that big of an issue but I really dont want to spend more than say $75-80.

how abt these by Reusch & Uhlsports these 2 companies stand for high quality gloves.

http://www.newstore.just-keepers.com/Merch...;Category_Code=

http://www.newstore.just-keepers.com/Merch...;Category_Code=

this should be inside your budget = http://www.newstore.just-keepers.com/Merch...;Category_Code=

looks good but i've never been a big fan of Nike gloves.

or just check out www.justkeepers.com its a good site with a large variety of Goalkeeper equipment.

Edited by diwash

The reusch gloves say they are an "Excellent glove choice for female keepers." so if you aren't female then they might not be suited to you although reusch as a company have a good reputation so if you can find other ones they might be a good choice. I think Van Dar Sar used the Addidas gloves and they are cheaper than the others which helps. The Brine gloves don't have the best grip rating according to the stats if they're anything to go by, and I don't know anything about the Sells gloves. You can't beat trying them on though I imagine, and sizes might vary from brand to brand making them difficult to order online so if you could try some that'd be your best bet.

agree with diwash on this, been a keeper for about 15 years and all ive ever worn is uhlsport or reusch, as i find you just cant beat them for quality. so my vote would be for one of those two. plus if you need a pair for training get the other make that you dont buy for wearing in a match.

I personally would go for either Nike or Addidas gloves. (I've only got those 2 manufacturers though so I don't have any experience with the other ones :p)

So of the ones you've listed, the fingersaves one. Though be warned, they are a little bit restrictive :) I have a pair, though they are quite restrictive I love them :)

if durability is really what youre after, look to the sondico brand of gloves, These should do. what level are you at in your keeping? and what climate do you keep in? generally the harder the latex, the lower the price of the glove, and the higher the durability. having said that, from my experience sondico gloves offer the best level of durability. Ive had pairs of sells, uhlsport, reusch and sondico. I'm currently using some uhlsports, which have great grip especially when wet, but have tended to fade quickly.

stay away from nike gloves, they are absolute crap. and anything fingersave technology like promotes weak fingers and poor technique.

do keep in mind though, its so important to keep your gloves clean, its the best way to make your gloves last. gloves are only really made to last a season, especially the more premium gloves.

any more questions, id love to help :)

and anything fingersave technology like promotes weak fingers and poor technique.

Yup. That's definately true. I changed from my fingersaves to some crappy 10 quid umbro ones. My overall technique has improved and strength in my fingers has improved. Though I always go back to them O.o

I don't play keeper (mid/back) but I coach now and I've been picking up Sondico gloves for my keepers the past 2 or 3 years (these are U14 girls) but one keeper in particular who is very talented said she noticed a different between those and her mid-priced Umbros the minute she put them on.

I'd highly recommend and Sondico or Uhlsport with 4mm thick palms.

The sells are an excellent pair of gloves, grip is second only to 'absolutegrip' uhlsports, but as a whole sells gloves tend to give a tighter more comfortable feel. They are not durable though, its a trade off, grip for durability. The most durable gloves are 'hard ground' gloves as they are a firmer type of latex.

as far as padding goes... it really depends on what level youre playing at, the thicker the latex, the less its going to 'hurt' but the less its going to feel like your natural hand (sounds silly, but is pretty important). I'm keeping at first division level and realistically, anything with a 3mm palm or more, you wont feel a thing if the ball makes good contact on the palm. Most keeping injuries come from punching the ball, and almost all gloves above the $40 mark have adequate backhand padding now.

Ultimately look for a glove brand (thats not nike) that fits your hand nicely and feels comfortable, and then choose the type of latex, i recommend a hard ground or all weather latex from what you've said

im playing u17 indoor and outdoor, so i want something thick because im taking a lot of hard close shots in indoor and people can shoot pretty hard at this age. as for the justkeepers.com website, it appears its for the UK, so shipping wouldn't be too good.

well i just got some more money so i can do anything below $100 and I really like the Reusch Aqua Ortho-Tec. I like that I can put the fingersaves in for something like indoor, and then take them out for outdoor (i hear that the fingersaves ruin your technique, is this true?). oh and does anyone have any experience with the reusch street ortho-tec gloves? they look very durable. also these look pretty awesome:

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.pro...103#imageClose0

and they are ten dollars cheaper. these are also contenders:

uhlsport Chimera Absolutgrip Molded

the grip and durability are rated high.

let me know if anyone has these gloves above. im definitely set on uhlsport or reusch

errr did you read anything i posted?

if youre keeping indoor, dont get an wet weather glove. why are you set on reusch or uhlsport?

do you even know what glove size you are?

oh... and if youre serious about keeping indoor your gloves really wont help you all that much, the best equiptment to make you better is a good pair of keeping pants and under shorts. you'll soon realise you take more on the body than in the hands in indoor...

www.goalkeeperzone.com, i reccomend you have a good read on there if you are serious about keeping easily the best site on the web for keepers.

errr did you read anything i posted?

if youre keeping indoor, dont get an wet weather glove. why are you set on reusch or uhlsport?

do you even know what glove size you are?

oh... and if youre serious about keeping indoor your gloves really wont help you all that much, the best equiptment to make you better is a good pair of keeping pants and under shorts. you'll soon realise you take more on the body than in the hands in indoor...

yeah i read your posts. how does my post show that i didnt? :huh:

but anyways, i said i was set on either reusch or uhlsport because the gloves that i want to get now are either reusch or uhlsport.

as for glove size, im pretty sure im a 10, maybe an 11 depending on the manufacturer (i hear uhlsport tends to run a bit bigger, is this true?).

and yeah i've played indoor for about three years or so and it does get rough. this is the first year that im buying pants though, because usually the contact didn't bother me that much. do the pants help a lot?

I remember the Adidas finger save gloves. They were mint with the metal behind your fingers so they don't bend.

yeah i've used the adiddas finger saves for the past two years but they aren't very durable, they only really last like one, maybe one and a half seasons.

www.goalkeeperzone.com, i reccomend you have a good read on there if you are serious about keeping easily the best site on the web for keepers.

I tried joining that site like three days ago and I haven't gotten any admin to confirm my account. kind of annoying because it looks like a great site.