1931 Daimler named 'Best of Show'

An ultrarare 1931 Daimler car was awarded "Best of Show" at this year's Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, the top competition for high-priced collectible cars, on Sunday.

post-37120-1156213844.jpg

The long-nosed 1931 Daimler Double-Six Corsica Drophead Coupe is one of only four that were produced. The car is currently owned by Robert Lee of Reno, Nev. It was judged the best car among 175 competing cars.

The most valuable car at the show this year was a 1962 Ferrari valued at $12 million to $14 million. The average value of the cars competing at this year's event was $1.1 million, according to a spokesman for the Concours.

No information was available about the value of the winning car.

Daimler is a British ultraluxury car brand. It has no relationship to today's DaimlerChrysler. The 1931 Double-Six Corsica Drophead Coupe has a V-12 engine. It is the only surviving one of the four originally made.

The competition involved judging in 25 narrowly defined categories. The "Best of Show" winner each year is selected from among the category winners.

more

I wish there were some more pictures, it looks like a gorgeous car.

If you go to the PB Concourse D'elegance web page, in the 'news room' menu there is a retardedly high-res version of the pic at the top of this thread, as well as some other pics.

I went through a gallery of another year's Pebble Beach entries a while back, and its just about enough to make you want to go slit your wrists.

I'll see if I cant dig up the link.

There, found it http://www.classics.com/pbbch00.html

Edited by Scudworth

:unsure: I guess it's different, but I really wouldn't want to own one.

What a headache it would be to take care of: garage, maintenance, insurances, etc.

post-37120-1156245650.jpg

Edited by Hum

screw the daimler, i wanna see that $12million ferrari.

The Ferrari was a 1962, so unless you really like old ferraris you'd probably think as much of it as you do the Daimler.