(NFL) preseason

its simple just tell us if your team is having a good preseason and rember wins dont count just are the starters playing well. how are your draft picks doing? how do you think your fav team is doing? and if anyone is looking very good or very bad and this have nothing to do with fantasy football so you can tell me :shifty:

Well my team is the Browns. See im no bandwagon fan like 97% of ALL bengal fans. I stick with my team year after year even if they have ****ty seasons. Unlike the bengals fans who come out of the closet after 15 years of being the **** stain of professional sports. I swear the number of random bengals fans is funny. You can tell they are bandwagons just by the way they talk about them. They say things like "Dude they are schweet" or "Man Chad Johnson Rox" or my favorite "Rudi, Rudi, Rudi". Yeah that **** is annoying, i always get a good laugh when you ask them where were they those 15 years of loosing. Yeah now they come out after 2 .500 seasons and ONE winning seasons.

As for my team they are looking better, even though they were 6-10 last year they were better then that. They lost quite a few games in the final minute of the game. If they would have pulled their heads out of their ass' they could of easily had a winning season. Everyone seems to forget they WOULD have beaten hte colts a few weeks into the season, except for a horrible block in the back call on a PR for a touchdown. They have picked up a few good players in the offseason, except bently got hurt on the FIRST PLAY of training camp, and have went through like 3 others since(retire, retared, ...) and just now finally trade away a draft pick for a new center. So hopefully Charlie Fry will come through and be good like everyone though he would.

P.S. you can say whatever you want about Tim Couch, but he got to the playoffs. Also bengals fans PLEASE shut the **** up about palmer getting hurt in the playoffs, you still would have lost. Having to use your backup QB is no excuse. Kelly Holcomb came in to backup couch and had only one of the greatest single game performances by any QB in playoff history. So quit your bitching.

Just remember this one thing bengals fans

They are the Cincinati Bengals, and its going to take 10+ years to make up for that run of diarrhea you guys called football for the last 1 1/2 decade.

Well my team is the Browns. See im no bandwagon fan like 97% of ALL bengal fans. I stick with my team year after year even if they have ****ty seasons. Unlike the bengals fans who come out of the closet after 15 years of being the **** stain of professional sports. I swear the number of random bengals fans is funny. You can tell they are bandwagons just by the way they talk about them. They say things like "Dude they are schweet" or "Man Chad Johnson Rox" or my favorite "Rudi, Rudi, Rudi". Yeah that **** is annoying, i always get a good laugh when you ask them where were they those 15 years of loosing. Yeah now they come out after 2 .500 seasons and ONE winning seasons.

As for my team they are looking better, even though they were 6-10 last year they were better then that. They lost quite a few games in the final minute of the game. If they would have pulled their heads out of their ass' they could of easily had a winning season. Everyone seems to forget they WOULD have beaten hte colts a few weeks into the season, except for a horrible block in the back call on a PR for a touchdown. They have picked up a few good players in the offseason, except bently got hurt on the FIRST PLAY of training camp, and have went through like 3 others since(retire, retared, ...) and just now finally trade away a draft pick for a new center. So hopefully Charlie Fry will come through and be good like everyone though he would.

P.S. you can say whatever you want about Tim Couch, but he got to the playoffs. Also bengals fans PLEASE shut the **** up about palmer getting hurt in the playoffs, you still would have lost. Having to use your backup QB is no excuse. Kelly Holcomb came in to backup couch and had only one of the greatest single game performances by any QB in playoff history. So quit your bitching.

They are the Cincinati Bengals, and its going to take 10+ years to make up for that run of diarrhea you guys called football for the last 1 1/2 decade.

you dont like bengals fans do you. my raiders are looking good. i know what you mean about bandwagon fans when the raiders went to the super bowl people where im a raider fan, but once they lost all the games the fallowing year everyone was a SD fan.

49er fan :)

Well, after 2 games, I don't think anybody has a good idea of how the 49ers are so far. They started off awesome 2 weeks ago against Chicago and then totally laid an egg againt the (hated) Raiders. Unfortunately, Raider fan seems to think pre-season is the end of all things, and continues to rub it in, but we'll find out October 8th when they play for real. So far, I've noticed a big change in Alex Smith. He seems more comfortable in the pocket and already has a good thing going with Antonio Bryant. What he needs, though, is another receiver to step up when teams double Bryant and so far nobody has. Arnaz Battle will be a good 3rd receiver but they need another guy in there. Maybe Brandon Williams, rookie from Wisconsin, can step in. Vernon Davis, the coveted tight end from Maryland, has shown good and bad. He's great and run blocking and pass blocking but we haven't seen much in terms of receiving. He'll be a player for sure though, and with Eric Johnson on the other side of the line, I think the Niners can have a great 1-2 combo at TE, which would allow them to provide more protection for Alex Smith as well. I'm loving the Kevan Barlow trade, both he and the Niners needed a fresh start. And it paves the way for Frank Gore to be the starting back, which is a great thing. I love Gore, he hits the holes quick and doesn't stutter step alot, and he also can pick up the blitz. We'll see what happens with Michael Robinson. He's looking at 3rd string RB but he's shown flashes in the 2 pre-season games and I think he'll eventually eclipse Maurice Hicks (who really hasn't shown much even in the regular season).

On defense...<sigh> Not sure where to start. Last year, Niner fans know that the defense kept them in alot of games. Unfortunately, the inept offense was unable to pull it's weight and injuries took a MAJOR toll, especially in the secondary. With Mike Rumph being gone to the Redskins, Shawntae Spencer is the man on the corners, and I really think he can be a very, very good cornerback. The always reliable Tony Parrish is back at safety but he needs help. Mike Adams won't get it done, and I'm really interested to see how Vickiel Vaughn, rookie from Arkansas, will turn out. Linebackers are very thin, with the departure of Julian Peterson, and because the Niners run a 3-4, they can be easily exposed. Derek Smith and Jeff Ulbrich are the mainstays, but that's about it. Defensive line is where the biggest issue is. There is no pass rusher at either the ends or the middle. Bryant Young, although a warrior and one of the greatest Niners ever, is coming to the end of his career and he needs help from his other teammates.

Sorry for the long-winded post but with college football a week away and the NFL 2 weeks away, I'm ready as ever. All in all, I'd say the Niners will have a better season than last (provided injuries stay away) and Alex Smith will continue to improve and find his niche. I love Mike Nolan's attitude and approach to coaching his team, and I think the Niners can be back in the playoff hunt in the next couple years. They just need that one other guy on the wideout position and someone on defense to rush the QB. If we can find that this year, I'll really be hyped up for next season. Go Niners!!

^^we Hate you to buddy :p. i was very happy the raiders beat the 9ers to bad it wasnt a blow out :( . i think the raiders could make it to the playoffs(unlikey but they could with alot of help)

Well the Steelers are 0-3, but that's not such a bad thing. As usual, Cowher is preserving his players for the regular season. He's not played alot of defensive starters all preseason. Roethlisberger played some and looks good. People say he's going to be more fragile and won't step up as much in the pocket, but I'm not too worried. Big Ben will be just as good as last year, if not better. I really hope Hines Ward's injury isn't worse than they say, because the new receivers need a veteran to look up to. I wasn't really worried about Bettis not being with the Steelers anymore until the last game. Duce isn't a good back in my honest opinion. He's built like a tank but can't maneuver nearly as well as his oversized counterpart. I'd seriously put Verron Haynes in. That guy does good every time we put him in last year, and some in the preseason too. Also we can't forget about Willie Parker. Not having Randle El will hurt a little bit, his triple threat skills helped us out so much in the past few seasons. It's hard to tell how a season will be usually until the 3rd or 4th game, so I won't be upset if the Steelers start out with a few losses. They generally do.

^^we Hate you to buddy :p. i was very happy the raiders beat the 9ers to bad it wasnt a blow out :( . i think the raiders could make it to the playoffs(unlikey but they could with alot of help)

With Jeff George?

:D

well said!

Dallas Cowboy fan. The last 6 years or so have been tough but I am ready for this year. Last year we were a good team just not mature enough to get passed 9-7. I think with the edition of TO and Vanderjagt we should do good. I was more excited over Vanderjagt then I was over anyone other pickup. Dallas played in 9 games that were decided by 4 points or less. Dallas missed many many many field goals last year. Not even far ones, they must 30+ yarders. It was sad and heart breaking.

I guess we really won't know anything untill a few games but alot of teams look good this year.

Lets go Boys!

vanderjagt may make a lot of field goals, but he will choke in the playoffs. although any of his misses will be overshadowed by t.o. doing something stupid yet again lol

ATL Falcons here.

There are looking pretty good this year. The addition of Lelie from Denver should give Vick the deep threat we haven't had in many years. Alge Crumpler is as agood as ever and has the stickiest hands on a TE you've ever seen. Warrick Dunn is still chugging along and still getting no respect and we grabbed a guy named Jerious Norwood to back him up who looks very promising. On the DEF side, the pick up of John Abraham from NYJ should ensure another good year of pass defense but we still have a lot of questions regarding the run defense. Our kicker is a dude with a bionic leg who last year was our novelty long ball kickoff guy. We brought him in late in the year for an insignificant long FG attempt and all he did was drill it dead middle for 55 yards. This prseason he has nailed a lot ot 50+ FGs as well as handled kickoffs and punting. I think they really need to pickup someone to handle the punting for him though.

Overall I'm optimistic if Vick can have a good passing year which is always a question mark.