[cursors] Windows Aero (Vista RTM)

Thank you so much for the black aero cursors. I do have a request if you'd be so kind :) For more years than I can recall I have been using the attached cursor set. I have used these regardless of theme or style applied and I wanted to know if you could eliminate the the stem on the arrows like in th Argis cursors...the stem is driving me crazy but luv the aero ring animation! Thank you.

Here's an early Christmas gift -> Post #1 :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, thanks for these awesome cursor packs. I'm using the black Aero cursor set that lacks the tail, and I think it fits the Aero UI much better than the standard cursor set.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, this is saddening. We've got a stuck thread with a whole bunch of great/awesome cursors, but none of the download links work.

:(

• 5 weeks later...
Well, this is saddening. We've got a stuck thread with a whole bunch of great/awesome cursors, but none of the download links work.

:(

Right click on the preview and select "Save Target As..."

@ the rest: You're welcome :)

I don't have the time atm to create new sets but it's on my 2do list.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for those cursor sets, Herby. I woke up one day and discovered my entire cursor subdirectory was gone!... your cursors look and work great, and the subdirectoried installation means they don't interfere with 2000 and Xp cursors I transferred from my other computer. Installation was a little tricky, though. I discovered my computer doesn't recognize INFs if they're still inside the zipfile. To make matters worse I was working from a 32 MB memory key and I believe my computer was not quite sure where to attempt the installation. Extracting the files to the memory key did trick, though, and I haven't seen any problems with the animations. All in all a job well done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Herby, long ago I have downloaded set of aeroblackshadow cursors (now I have just normal size), it is yours, but shaddows are different from that is posted in thread #1, so it is another set. Like it very much, thanks. Where is it now? I have changed "unavailable" cursors to my needs and am using normal size with large "unavailable", because it is "in line" with "busy" ring.

Please, have a look. What do you think? Thanks

Edit: Sorry, wrong file was attached, now fixed

AEROBLACKSHADOW.zip

Edited by Mauser

• 5 months later...

- Thanx - Herby - INF files are fantastic - this solves a problem for me

P.S. Is there any way to create these INF files without editing them manually (I'd really like to install 6 sets of Mac OS X cursors (.cur) - automatically :cool:

post-292646-1259950202.jpg

Edited by N D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

everytime i seem to use custom cursors and save them, shut my pc down and they always revert back to default... i use windows 7 ultimate and also, it did this before the upgrade from vista

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everybody,

thanks to Herby and netbox for nice cursors!

And there is my little contribution to this topic:

I've created small command line program for colorizing cursors. It can create almost any color theme from .ani 32x32 colored cursor (size is hardcoded, some color must be present in cursor file, not just grayscale).

Help and example is included. Tested on aero cursors by Herby and netbox only.

Enjoy!

Colorize.zip

• 1 month later...

I see these cursor sets still work in Windows 7, but did the standard Aero cursors receive any updates for 7 that could be applied to the custom sets? I myself really like the black "tail-less" set.

• 9 months later...