[Poll] The Big 5

Big 5 Banks of Canada  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Big 5 [Canadian] banks do you use?

• TD Canada Trust
    • Bank of Montreal
    • RBC
    • CIBC
    • ScotiaBank
    • Other

Just curious which bank (in Canada) everyone uses.....

Edit: Changed some minor formatting...

Edited by guylaroche

PC Financial. Its ther best there is. You get all of the uses of CIBC except you dont pay ANY monthly fees AT ALL!!!!
The no-fee part is good, yes. But I personally disliked that if there was any activity on my account it took a day to show who the merchant was (don't know if this has changed). I also found it inconvenient to only be able to go to a PC Financial pavalon to get transactions that were actually free (most places charge $1.25 - $1.50)... Of course, that was before they let you go to CIBC, too (or before I knew about it LOL).

I am with TD now. I like their products and love their service. Plus, if a problem comes up, I can actually go to a branch to get something done (unlike TD).

I LOVE their service where you can view images of your cashed cheques online (for free, in some cases). Comes in very handy. Example: a few weeks ago, I wrote a cheque for $24.00 and they debited it from my account as $29.00 Luckily, it was quite easy for them to load up the image of the cheque and realize their error! Problem solved in 5 minutes. If I had to wait for the cancelled cheque to be returned to me, it would take much longer to get my $5 back (LOL Yah, I know.... It's only $5 -- but it's still money!)

AFAIK, TD is the only bank that lets you view cheque images online.

HSBC, but if i had the choice id go TD, cause its everywhere in toronto
Why don't you have a choice?

ah, cause i have another account in hong kong and its much more integrated, such as transfering funds and such
Ah. I see.

I converted a account to TD Canada Trust and got a free iPod Shuffle :)
They do have great promotions like that every summer :yes: . I was seriously considering applying for a Visa with them so they would give me a free iPod Nano...... I decided not to, though. :cool:

They do have great promotions like that every summer :yes: . I was seriously considering applying for a Visa with them so they would give me a free iPod Nano...... I decided not to, though. :cool:

Nano?!?! errr, is this American only? I still have one more account to switch over :shiftyninja:

Nano?!?! errr, is this American only? I still have one more account to switch over :shiftyninja:

Nope.... It's a Canadian thing. They had a promo this summer where if you applied for a certain Visa, and were approved, they'd give you an iPod Nano. The Shuffle was free if you switched your chequing account. Apparently, if you switched & were approved for the Visa, they'd give you both a Shuffle & Nano...... BUT my friend applied and got two Nanos.

Nope.... It's a Canadian thing. They had a promo this summer where if you applied for a certain Visa, and were approved, they'd give you an iPod Nano. The Shuffle was free if you switched your chequing account. Apparently, if you switched & were approved for the Visa, they'd give you both a Shuffle & Nano...... BUT my friend applied and got two Nanos.

Did he get two nanos for two seperate accounts? unfortunately the deal ended Aug. 4 this year, when will it come back lol

Did he get two nanos for two seperate accounts? unfortunately the deal ended Aug. 4 this year, when will it come back lol

He got a Nano because he was approved for the Visa. He SHOULD have got a Shuffle for the chequing account he opened up, but they screwed up and sent him a 2nd Nano. I would assume it'll be back next year..... They ran the exact same Shuffle thing last year.

Nope.... It's a Canadian thing. They had a promo this summer where if you applied for a certain Visa, and were approved, they'd give you an iPod Nano.

Yeah, that was a gold card. So... if you can be approved for that...

I'm with CIBC btw.

Toronto Dominion has dominion over Toronto. Their student benefits are good and they actually have good rates for a bank with good service. Not to mention good PR.