Gallas 'issued own-goal threat'

link

If this is true, this makes him nearly the worst of a bad bunch (Ben Thatcher being the worst for trying to kill people). To me footballers are 1 of a few things:

1. Money grabbing mercenaries

2. Thugs

3. Cheats

Obviously these are based on top tier football and not the lower leagues, as I don't see much lower league football.

That made me chuckle a bit.

"Before the first game of the season against Manchester City, when only four defenders were available and John Terry was doubtful with an injury, he refused to play.

"He went on to threaten that if he was forced to play, or if he was disciplined and financially punished for his breach of the rules, that he could score an own goal or get himself sent off, or make deliberate mistakes.

Funny that it happened to Chelsea, everyone hate's them.

But I agree with you largely, player's have much to power these day's and most of them are money grabbing, diving cheat's. We need more players with the professionalism of Carragher in the Premiership these days, but I doubt that will happen and I can I think the situation will get worse before it get's better.

Gallas wants first team football and was sick and tired of being substituted or on the bench.

Chelsea are going to crumble under their own wealth, they buy players that keep the bench warm.

Chelsea will go back to the roaring 70's when the Kings Road was where they hung out, wearing flash clothing and driving expensive cars.

You'll understand what I mean by the last sentence with respect to 11 superstars on the pitch becomes like a battle of who is the most dramatic Queen on a pride march.

They will crumble from within.

Players will all want to goto Chelsea for money and when Roman Abramovich pulls out and buys Barcelona

Chelsea will be left worse off than when Ken Bates was chairman, up sheet creak without a paddle.

To have a success team you gotta have a board room and manager who ARE the biz and the players who know where they stand.

I think chelsea are an awfull team. It wouldn't be so bad if they had a better board room and mangement. I think Jose is so up his own arse.

You got slime balls that are in charge of the club like Peter Kenyon.

I'm glad gallas stood up, he made it clear he was not there to make up numbers and wants to be part of a team that knows how to deal with players and other teams. I think he will do so much better at arsenal. Also at the same time i'm glad Cole moved away from Arsenal.

It seems he's like a money grabing player, who would want to go from a club like arsenal who have as much chance as chelsea to win anything and have a great young squad with a manager that has proven what he can do.

This article also sounds like Chelsea are trying to look good and put gallas down. All it shows me is that gallas was no longer happy at chelsea.

Come on lets face it i would be un happy in a big rich club who buys big ego to stack on some more big egos.

I think one thing that footy history has proven is you can't have too many big egos on the same pic in a team. Man Utd have proven it with the amount of times Sir Alex had troubles with players

Come on lets face it i would be un happy in a big rich club who buys big ego to stack on some more big egos.

I think one thing that footy history has proven is you can't have too many big egos on the same pic in a team. Man Utd have proven it with the amount of times Sir Alex had troubles with players

So you would be unhappy getting paid upwards of ?50,000 to train through the week and then sit out the game at the weekend?

So you would be unhappy getting paid upwards of ?50,000 to train through the week and then sit out the game at the weekend?

Yes i would be unhappy. All i'm improving is my bank account when i'd rather improve my game.

Professional soccer players all want as much playing time as they can get to improve their skills and make themselves known to all the big clubs around the world. If you're on the bench for most of the games, your career will become stagnated.