[Review] HP Pavilion dv5000t

That would bother me... that "w i d e s c r e e n" thing at the top of the screen. Well duh it's widescreen.

At this point I would like to promote my ThinkPad.

The IBM ThinkPad: Use it to dig the foundation for your house, and it will still last longer than that _other_ laptop

ThinkPad: More reliable than the probability that your grandmother is a racist.

And I'm pretty sure ThinkPad was the entry for "T" in the Alphabet of Manliness.

hey thanks for the review. have only read it now after actually purchasing my dv2000. i love my new notebook. most i have been impressed by hp for a long while. loving it right now.

Congratulations on your new purchase :D ! I'm glad you like your new notebook :yes: .

I got DV8310TX and I am pretty happy with it apart from it's weight and lack of any CDs provided for OS and Drivers. Also HP Support experience I have so far is very bad :(

You have to be friendly with right people in the Service Centre. So far, I have made about 5 friends in HP so if anything happens, I can easily just called them and ask for their help. Also, since I've always treated them with respect, they always let me know of developments and sometimes ask if my notebook is all right.

Only recently, I complained about the shiny black bevel surrounding the keyboard because it was too easily scratched. They promptly replaced it in a few days and when a defect was found with the replacement, they replaced it again. Now, I have a shiny new factory outfitted bevel that is covered in plastic :D !

That would bother me... that "w i d e s c r e e n" thing at the top of the screen. Well duh it's widescreen.

At this point I would like to promote my ThinkPad.

The IBM ThinkPad: Use it to dig the foundation for your house, and it will still last longer than that _other_ laptop

And I'm pretty sure ThinkPad was the entry for "T" in the Alphabet of Manliness.

Look, I have no problems with people liking other notebooks but you don't need to go overboard in trying to state your opinion. Only recently, I was looking at a Lenovo Thinkpad for my father as he recently started working again. As far as I'm concern, the "Widescreen" has never bothered me as I focus my eyes on the screen, not above it.

any updates on the format guide?

It's done ;) .

HP Notebook Formatting Guide

Scirwode

A ThinkPad is the only surviving piece of technology from the dinosaur age. :laugh:

A ThinkPad is the only surviving piece of technology from the dinosaur age. :laugh:

Considering how well it has aged, that's a compliment :laugh: ! That said, I very much like the Thinkpad line, even though I'm happy with my notebook. That said, the wireless program that Lenovo provided was a bit confusing as my brother-in-law had problems connecting to my internet connection at home.

Scirwode