Best Kind of TV?

hi, looking at getting a new dlp. but i am not sure what to get or even if that is the best tv to get. what are good brands, or am i going in the wrong way. should i go with plasma, lcd.... not sure can i get some feedback please. links to good brands and feedback is good.

thanks

The "best kind of TV" is really going to be unique to every person. Your selection of TV should be based around your own personal needs and planned uses. With that said:

1. What size range are you looking at?

2. What is your price range?

3. What do you plan to do on the set (watch tv, play video games, use pc, etc.)?

Rear-projection LCDs are the best value. They have outstanding picture quality, and the cabinets are rather small. I've seen the Sony 42-incher for as little as $1100 on Amazon. We have the 50-incher with a HD DirecTV/TiVO, PS2 and a Denon upconverting DVD player. The latest Sonys have dual HDMI.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....ction_42to51TVs

I'd recommend that set for you, then. It's 50" and well within your budget while offering a beautiful picture. On top of that, because you'll be gaming, there's no chance of delays that tend to pop up in DLP sets for many gamers.

GREAT CHOICE! :laugh: :cool:

After a couple of weeks with this new TV, I can't erace the smile I have on my face each time I watch it. Pure joy. And the picture quality is good even with a low end GameCube. This set is able to give a good picture even with SD broadcast, something hard to find with HDTV.

And using the Sony DVD player that upscale to 1080i, movies realy looks better. It's not a dramatic change, but you can see more details.