Maurice Clarett to get at least 3 1/2 years

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Former Ohio State football star Maurice Clarett agreed Monday to plead guilty to aggravated robbery and carrying a concealed weapon. The deal would send him to prison for at least 3 1/2 years and end two criminal cases against him.

The agreement was announced by Judge David Fais on the day jury selection was to begin in a case in which Clarett is accused of holding up two people outside a bar.

The concealed weapon charge was from his August arrest after a highway chase with police who found four loaded guns in Clarett's sport utility vehicle after they spiked the tires. Police used pepper spray to subdue and handcuff Clarett, who was wearing a bulletproof vest.

The deal called for a 7 1/2 -year sentence with release possible after 3 1/2 years. The 22-year-old player also agreed to serve five years of probation after the prison sentence.

LINK

Boy has he gone downhill! One stupid decision after another... :no:

I hope he dies in jail. He is one of the most worthless pieces of garbage on this planet and contributes nothing positive to society.

Yeah I know it's rough but thats how I feel. He could have EVERYTHING right now, but he's just too stupid to realize that.

I hope he dies in jail. He is one of the most worthless pieces of garbage on this planet and contributes nothing positive to society.

Yeah I know it's rough but thats how I feel. He could have EVERYTHING right now, but he's just too stupid to realize that.

WTF?

agreed. coulda been set for life. at the rate hes going he'll be IN for life

OK, obviously there are some confounding factors here. I wouldn't be surprised if Clarett were bi-polar. I don't know if he's ever been diagnosed, but it sounds to me like he could have a bi-polar disorder. It's a real disorder too, so I don't want to hear any of this bullcrap that "oh, that's just something people made up to make people have a problem when they don't."

Did he make mistakes? Yeah, a ton of them. Could have done much better with his life. But he didn't. He made a mistake. It's not your life, it's his... let him do with it what he wants. He'll learn some lessons the hard way. I can't believe you would honestly wish death on another man whom you don't even know in complete seriousness like that. If this were a Saddam Hussain or a Hitler I'd understand, but it's not.

Tell me what he did that makes you want to wish death upon him. Did he rape someone? Nope. Kill someone? Nope. Promote racism? Nope. He made his mistakes. He carried concealed weapons. That's what we're talking about here, guys. This isn't mass murder. Get it in perspective.

Tell me what he did that makes you want to wish death upon him. Did he rape someone? Nope. Kill someone? Nope. Promote racism? Nope. He made his mistakes. He carried concealed weapons. That's what we're talking about here, guys. This isn't mass murder. Get it in perspective.

Well I'm sure he wasn't carrying a gun around with him to eat, what else would he have it for? Fine fine, I take back that comment, how about we wait until he kills some innocent person, then I'll say it.

Well I'm sure he wasn't carrying a gun around with him to eat, what else would he have it for? Fine fine, I take back that comment, how about we wait until he kills some innocent person, then I'll say it.

Apparently he was carrying the guns for protection because the Israeli mafia is after him, that is also why he was wearing a bulletproof vest

You prove to me that he was carrying them to start problems with someone. Prove that to me. You can't. You can't prove he was carrying them to go shoot the town up. For all you know he was transporting them to his house.

I feel no pity for him. He had it all and threw it all away with his ego and arrogance. He brought this upon himself. Its sad to see but I have no sympathy for him.

While I agree with you that I have no pity for him, I don't think wishing death upon the man is very mature (referring to previous posters, not you).

You prove to me that he was carrying them to start problems with someone. Prove that to me. You can't. You can't prove he was carrying them to go shoot the town up. For all you know he was transporting them to his house.

LOL, ur kidding right? I mean seriously, you're having a laugh? You give me one legitimate reason for a non-miltia to be out at night with a gun and a bulletproof vest!

not your life, it's his... let him do with it what he wants. He'll learn some lessons the hard way.

Unfortunately, while he had the gun and the vest - the "hard way" will be hard for others first. Let him do what he wants? Um, no - that's why we have laws!

He made his mistakes. He carried concealed weapons. That's what we're talking about here, guys. This isn't mass murder. Get it in perspective.

Locking my keys in my car is a mistake. Putting a vase on top of my TV is a mistake. Matching blue and purple is a mistake. Goin out armed, causing aggrevated robbery and attempting to evade the police - they are choices that go against the law! Choices that in an aggrevated situation could have caused the loss of life. Get it in perspective.

njlouch: I hope you're kidding me with that pathetic attempt at a response. You answered none of my questions posed. You can't answer me if he was going to kill someone. You can't tell me who. You can't explain the guns, and neither can I -- so don't assume.

Last time I checked it won't be "hard" for others since no one was hurt. And you're right... that's why we have laws. And that's why he's going to jail. Exactly as it should be. Did I miss something here, or are you just repeating what we all already know? We all already know he broke the law. We all already know he's going to jail. I never said he shouldn't. So, exactly what is your point? He did what he wanted with his life. He's paying the consequences. That's all I stated.

And those are all mistakes. Yes, they are also mistakes that are breaking the law. But get things in perspective here. Stop being so damn anal about it just because he had a future. There are thousands of people who make these mistakes in America. The only reason you're hanging off his ass is because he had chances. He messed them up. What does it matter to you? My entire point was it's stupid to wish death upon someone for those reasons. You did nothing to prove otherwise.

If these things could have cost the loss of a life, why didn't they? Yes, obviously the cops caught him, but I have a feeling if something was really going to "go down", he wouldn't have been so reckless in the matter. Nothing happened. Get that in perspective, sir.