logitech x-530 surround speakers not all working.

so i got the logitech x530 speakers a few days ago, and i plugged them all in and everything, plugged the inputs into the color-coded plugs on my pc, and turned on the music and only the front right and front left speakers play any sound. the sub works also, but im concerned about the speakers.

i went to the back of my pc and switched the plugins and now the rear right/left speakers work, but no sound out of the others. so i switch them again, and only the center speaker works. No matter what combination i do, they never ALL work at the same time.

If the green plug is in the green hole, then the front right/left speakers work

if the black plug is in the green hole, then the rear left/ right speakers work

and if the orange plug is in the green hole, then center speaker works.

it doesnt sound like the placement of the other plugs matter whatsoever? which i know isnt how it is supposed to work.

i went into control panel, sound devices, and switched the configuration to 5.1 surround sound, but it doesnt make a difference.

sigh, i dont really know what to do?

anybody wanna tackle this?

by the way, my sound card is integrated into my motherboard, but it is a 6-channel, surround sound capable card.

please help, i like music.

-Kyle

Make sure all your cables going into the sub are in all the way. I had similar symptoms I didn't push the cables all the way in.

i saw on the logitech site that mp3s are normally in stereo and that i need a ac3 filter to get surroudn sound. is that the answer?

You can't get surround sound from stereo inputs. Sure, you can upconvert the sound and send the front right and left to your rear right and left, but it's going to take balance away from the sound you're hearing. If you care about sound quality, you'd leave it as is. I have the z-5300's and let stereo sound only play out the fronts. It's just better for the sound quality.

You can't get surround sound from stereo inputs. Sure, you can upconvert the sound and send the front right and left to your rear right and left, but it's going to take balance away from the sound you're hearing. If you care about sound quality, you'd leave it as is. I have the z-5300's and let stereo sound only play out the fronts. It's just better for the sound quality.

but then why buy 5.1 speakers and just have 3 "dead" ones.

my friends have the same speakers and theirs work fine. i dont get it. why buy surround sound speakers to play music when the music only works for 2 speakers?

but then why buy 5.1 speakers and just have 3 "dead" ones.

my friends have the same speakers and theirs work fine. i dont get it. why buy surround sound speakers to play music when the music only works for 2 speakers?

Because I also game and watch the occasional movie?

most music is only in "stereo" - in order to listen to it in a true "surround" format you need to have the hardware that can handle SACD, or DVDaudio - being that both of these formats never took off, there isnt a wide selection - but it is nothing more than listening to the music from all over - it wasnt that great of an upgrade - I tried it when I first got this sound card, and wasnt impressed and havent bought DVDaudio since....

There really isn't a "problem" here. Everything is functioning as it was designed. You shouldn't have bought 5.1 if you simply wanted louder speakers. They're 5.1 for DVDs, games and other surround content.

_--boocher

There really isn't a "problem" here. Everything is functioning as it was designed. You shouldn't have bought 5.1 if you simply wanted louder speakers. They're 5.1 for DVDs, games and other surround content.

_--boocher

true.....5.1 is only for movies, and games....since most music isnt in surround

with the exception of DVDaudio, and SACD which I mentioned previously

• Jim K locked this topic