WPA and Linksys Router

I have a Linksys WRT54G router. I have three computers, a windows laptop, a windows desktop, and a MacBook Pro. I have the router setup for WPA, and both windows computers work fine with it. No matter what I do though, unless the network is open (even WEP doesn't work) my MacBookPro just won't connect. It says it's conected but is using it's own IP address, and even when I try to renew my IP nothing happens. The router isn't showing that my mac is connected at all, but it definately shows the other two.

Like I said though, if I drop WPA, it works fine.

I'd leave WPA off, but I live in an apartment building, and there's about 10 different networks here. I'd rather some random guy not be able to get on my network.

Any ideas?

Make sure you are not doing MAC filtering on the server side. That would definitely block the Macbook from getting on if you didn't add its MAC address in.

If that is the case, personally I'd say just turn off MAC filtering. It is worthless (it isn't secure at all). WPA is secure itself on its own.

It sounds like he doesn't have MAC filtering, IIRC MAC filtering won't let the machine connect at all.

I would update the firmware to the latest version, or DD-WRT if I could (Personally I like it more than OpenWRT.) and try then. I have the same router myself running DD-WRT with WPA2 and can vouch all my wireless devices can connect to it without a problem (iBook, MacBook, DS Lite, PSP, friends PowerBook) My only gripe is that right now I'm forced down to a WEP encryption since I have the WRT54G setup to WDS to my Airport Extreme in a part of the house where I can't get wifi.

The easiest solution? No. I reinstalled OS X and poof, it works. I did this, because my bro's macbook pro worked fine. Anyways, thanks for the thoughts. It's all working good. Now I just need to remember what I had installed on this thing.

Cheers!