GT Jackets Trump Hokies

congrats gt, enjoyed seeing you put VT out of their misery. always have been overrated.

Overrated!? Dude...we played against with an underclassman O-line, 1st year QB (who is terrible), and missing two star starters. Were we overrated this year? YES...absolutely. VT never earned an 11th rank. In the past? Nope.

I was at the game and didn't talk to anyone who was confident about getting a win. Last year we went to the stadium knowing we would crush GT...and we did. This is just a different team...they're rebuilding. The Offense isn't under Glennens control, and he can't operate under pressure. The O-line isn't blocking well so our run game is suffering, along with our kicking game. Its just a rebuilding year all around.

I'm not taking away from GT. They put it on us. No questions. They came in and exploded right off the bat. They'll probably play for the ACC title game.

Edited by DreAming in DigITal

Overrated!? Dude...we played against with an underclassman O-line, 1st year QB (who is terrible), and missing two star starters. Were we overrated this year? YES...absolutely. VT never earned an 11th rank. In the past? Nope.

I was at the game and didn't talk to anyone who was confident about getting a win. Last year we went to the stadium knowing we would crush GT...and we did. This is just a different team...they're rebuilding. The Offense isn't under Glennens control, and he can't operate under pressure. The O-line isn't blocking well so our run game is suffering, along with our kicking game. Its just a rebuilding year all around.

I'm not taking away from GT. They put it on us. No questions. They came in and exploded right off the bat. They'll probably play for the ACC title game.

:yes:

You guys can talk all the smack you want, you're still both (Ga. Tech, Va. Tech) going down to the Clemson Tigers. ( We'll see, after the Wake game, I'm kinda worried - that was crazy). I think we match up better with Va. Tech, their offense is really struggling, and the Tiger defense is awesome. Regardless, 2006 ACC baseball champs, working on 2006 ACC football champs. I look forward to a great game between Ga. Tech and Va. Tech. If our running game is successful, both teams will have their hands full(I hope you realize that, that's how we roll ')). Here's to a high scoring, injury free game, for both of them. (Lord knows we don't need any more injuries, already 5 players lost for the year.)Good luck Jackets and Hokies!!! BTW...if you want to come to a real "Tailgate Party" stop by space #3208 on the south side sidewalk of Death Valley, Jackets. You will be welcome with open arms and full beers, and Hokies, remember that next year.

i know it's not your fault man. thats why i hate preseason polls. unfortunately, all teams have fans that ruin it for everyone. i just get sick of everyone talking about how great vt is, and how beamer ball is the greatest etc etc, but i've yet to see vt win it. i feel the same way about dan marino and peyton manning.

i know it's not your fault man. thats why i hate preseason polls. unfortunately, all teams have fans that ruin it for everyone. i just get sick of everyone talking about how great vt is, and how beamer ball is the greatest etc etc, but i've yet to see vt win it. i feel the same way about dan marino and peyton manning.

I hear ya man...I mean we've done good in our bowl game appearances, but never won the big one. I still feel like our loss to Auburn a few years back was to the best team in the nation.

Honestly I think VT has maybe 2 or 3 more losses coming up. BC tonight and Clemson on another thursday night game. Maybe even Miami. We just have NOOOOO offense this year. Its pathetic. We got tons of young inexperienced players on the field (which will be good later on, but sucks now). Most people around here (I live in the middle of "Hokie Nation") don't expect much this year. We just really need a QB to take control of the offense and an O-line that is a bit more matured.