(Sports) Signature proof

I am going to a signing next week and was wondering what I would need if I ever wanted to prove the signature was real. I was thinking of taking a picture of the signing and keeping the ticket to the event. What else do people generally do to prove sports memorabilia is not a forgery. Thanks in advanced! :)

That should be all you need...sometimes they give a certificate of authenticity along with a photo of the player signing the item.

Kasey Kahne's @ a Cabelas opening in Wisconsin. I am going with a friend who is obsessed with him and I was able to pickup a 1/24 06 RCCA elite dodge dealers diecast and figured it be a good investment.

• 3 months later...
Kasey Kahne's @ a Cabelas opening in Wisconsin. I am going with a friend who is obsessed with him and I was able to pickup a 1/24 06 RCCA elite dodge dealers diecast and figured it be a good investment.

uhhh.....who is that ?

good investment ? I hope you arent thinking youre gonna be able to unload this oneday for some money ... because anything more than $20 ....forget it

This is coming from experience on this kind of stuff as I have alot of signed/authenticated/rare valuables - and remember - just because you think its "neat" doesnt necessarily mean the public will-