ADSL broadband 256 kbps

I have 256 kbps broadband connection. delivered through ADSL modem and phone line. Modem connected through USB.

When I start a download, starts at around 150kbps and rapidly decreases (within 5 seconds) to 30 kbps and stabilizes there. While going through the connection settings,

IE\tools\internet options\connections\settings\(dialup settings)properties\(connection using) list contains one entry "ISDN channel - Huawei MT882 USB Remote Network".

When I click on confiture button, I am presented with a window "ISDN configuration" where line type is "64k digital" which is the maximum speed setting.

Can anybody clarify whether because of this 64k digital limitation, I am getting only 30 kbps download speed?

If so, is there any way of changing it to 256k digital? Or any other way out?

I am attaching 2 screenshots

Thanks

post-181869-1160383464.jpg

post-181869-1160383558.jpg

Because adsl speeds are in kiloBITS

There are 8 bits in a byte.

Therefore you should be getting download speeds of 256/8 = 32kilobytes per second.

All seems well?

Well... sorry to tell you this but neither of those two "modems" or whatever the first is affect your ADSL speed.

And another hit to you... the max speed you are going to get with 256kbps ADSL is like 24Kb/s.

I think you are misunderstanding the technology (rather, the marketing strategy these company's use).

256k is your connection speed, but your download speed will be a eighth of that. 8 bits in a BYTE.

So, 30KBPS download is correct for a 256K connection.

i have a 8MB connection but only download at 1MB. due to the 1/8th rule.

Really, the company's selling broadband shouldn't market the product they way they should, as it does mislead people