Help! I Need A File Fast!

the reason its blocked out is because the admin DOESNT want you to be messing with the computer, cus they know some wise guy will try. :D But anyway go for it and display the admin is a (insert profanity here) on the desktop so even he cant change it :D

I think you no need extra command prompt to do that.

Try this:

Go to Start | Run and type command.com

I think it works. Tell me if it is not working. Thank you.

Regards,

Chua Wen Ching :o

open up windows explorer and goto \winnt\system32, command.com and cmd.exe are there if installed. Just double-click if they are.

So the admin has blocked your privilaged use of the command line?

I think if you just downloaded cmd.exe it would help, because that is a blocked file. Even if you replaced it. So like its said earlier you sould rename it, but you might not have permission to do that either.

I could be wrong thought

well the thing is..... here at school, EVERYTHING is took out.

There is no:

Start --> Run

Start --> Programs --> Accesories --> Comand Prompt

Access to drive C:

But the cmd.exe file still works, I just had no way of getting to it without being the administrator. Thanks! :cool:

aye, I had the same problem at my school. They block everything, but being sweet I was able to get access to it by making a shortcut in my personal folder (Right Click > New > Shortcut "%systemroot%\system32\cmd.exe")

If the admin has blocked you from the Windows dir, then there's not much point in having it because most .exe's are blocked out.

The other thing you could do is be sweet and make a program that just acts like a run dialog like I did and be able to run anything you want :)

Or... you could just crack the admin password. ;)

yea must be win2k with domain and group policies, got the same thing in my C++ class, except we don't got the net since he took it off so there isnt anything really fun to do when your done. :no:

lol! we dont need to use cmd.exe to hack into local security settings at skhool, instead we opted for the a way that was harder at first but made it easier in the long run.... we made an exe (that can be executed using MS Word 97) that deleted the local security settings in the registry and then reassociated the .exe,.com,.scr,.lnk,.pif etc associations in the HKCR Keys. It works perfectly on their Novell 'enhanced' win95 machines :D :D :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

kintamanate is right ... if ur talking about Win2000 Domain and the admin has locked you out of the command prompt through Group Policy Object settings closing ur run command option, prohibiting runnung of cmd.exe files ... the only thing that works is the command.exe (not cmd.exe)

if u know how to access it.