The Dark Knight

How cool is that? What could have been if Heath was still alive. They could have upped the ante with the Joker for the next movie.

there is already talk that they might recast the joker. just because he died does not mean the character needs to. :blink:

there is already talk that they might recast the joker. just because he died does not mean the character needs to. :blink:

Very true, but Ledger's Joker is quite a high benchmark. I wouldn't want the job (aside from the monies) out of respect and not making the Joker look bad!

Very true, but Ledger's Joker is quite a high benchmark. I wouldn't want the job (aside from the monies) out of respect and not making the Joker look bad!

there's a thread about it over at superherohype. it's also a possibility they may try some form of cgi to have heaths face. sort of like they did with brandon lee in the crow. i don't think joker will play a "huge" role in the next batman, if there even is one?

It's certainly do-able. Heck they did it years ago on Gladiator.

Plus as most comic fans know - a "persona" can change from person to person.

yeah i think cgi would be the way to go. i mean they pulled it off with brandon lee in 1994, imagine what they could do today. :woot:

I doubt we will see Joker again in Nolans Batman. But there's no doubt we will see him in someone else's interpretation of Batman.

I'd love to see Darren Aronofsky do as he was supposed to do one before Nolan did Batman Begins.

Replacement maybe. CGI? Definitely no.

If it's completely CGI, it takes away the greatness of a real actors. If it uses Heath unused footage, then the Joker's acting/screen time/story is only limited to what is available.

I doubt we will see Joker again in Nolans Batman. But there's no doubt we will see him in someone else's interpretation of Batman.

if he would appear it would be in a nolan batman flick. i doubt they will reboot batman again for a long time.

Replacement maybe. CGI? Definitely no.

If it's completely CGI, it takes away the greatness of the real actors. If it uses Heath unused footage, then the Joker acting/screen time/story is only limited to what is available.

if they did cgi and made him appear again it would only be for a small part.

if they did cgi and made him appear again it would only be for a small part.

The Joker character deserves more than a small part. Unless it's a quick explainantion of how he's forgotten. This isn't the Scarecrow we're talking about.

if he would appear it would be in a nolan batman flick. i doubt they will reboot batman again for a long time.

Well Nolan will only probably do one more. But a Batman film with a new director doesn't have to be a direct "sequel" or a complete "reboot". Nor would it require a direct sequel follow up.

As much as I love the character and how much more they could have done with him. I hope they don't reuse him. Heath's performance was a masterpiece. Not saying no one could top it, but you don't wanna downplay his role. It will be the role he'll be remembered by. However I do see the problem with him being alive at the end of the film. A quick cameo type deal to wrap up the character wouldn't work. I think I'd prefer if it were set years later and the Joker escaped and hadn't been seen. If they did recast him, it would take away from the movie as throughout it everyone would be comparing him to Heath. Nolan will do one more and then I think they will have a different take on Batman. I doubt Bale would return for a fourth. I'm happy with a trilogy can't expect them to make tons of them.

I dunno I am in 2 minds whether I want to see another movie :unsure:

Dark Knight was perfect and to release another that probably won't be as good could tarnish it a bit.

my 2 cents

I dunno I am in 2 minds whether I want to see another movie :unsure:

Dark Knight was perfect and to release another that probably won't be as good could tarnish it a bit.

my 2 cents

TDK left me hungry for more, it would be a shame to end it now in my opinion. But they definitely shouldn't milk the franchise like they do with a lot [read: most] films nowadays.

Yea the first 2 were epic. I rank them quite high on my favorite movies, but like Majestic said, I'm hungry for more. One more would be just right. Same goes for Bond, I hope they make it a trilogy. I wanna see what happens with Mr. White dammit! It doesn't have to be better than Dark Knight, I just love what Nolan does with Batman. His universe for it is so incredible, it could be Batman learning how to play Xbox and it would still be ****ing sweet.

it could be Batman learning how to play Xbox and it would still be ****ing sweet.

And hilarious! :D

I finally saw TDK a couple of weeks ago and thought it was boring. "Batman Begins" was better IMHO.

Where was the FBI when all of these banks were getting robbed? And I didn't find the two-faced guy's transformation into a bad guy very believable. There really didn't seem to be any compelling motivation or reason for him to go nuts like that. It wasn't very well written.

Edited by curme

I finally saw TDK a couple of weeks ago and thought it was boring. "Batman Begins" was better IMHO.

Where was the FBI when all of these banks were getting robbed? And I didn't find the two-faced guy's transformation into a bad guy very believable. There really didn't seem to be any compelling motivation or reason for him to go nuts like that. It wasn't very well written.

I don't think The Dark Knight is a boring film, or that it's better than Batman Begins. But I do agree with some of your other points. It seems "realistic" in many ways, but then unrealistic in others. I also don't think the pacing was always that great.

• 8 months later...