Please Help..

Ok,

A few problems.

After modifying the TCP/IP properties for my connection, i cannot do what i want.

This setting works,

IP: 192.168.0.2

SUBNNET: 255.255.255.0

GATEWAY: 192.168.0.1

but when I change the IP to 192.168.1.1 the connection doesn't work why? I think it's the subnet.

See my dad has satellite, shares it over the nic, goes to his hub where my cable plugs into his uplink so now my cable goes into a whole diffrent hub 10mb, so i wanted to serpare it by doing an ip of 192.168.1.1 not --0.1. Please help me!

Also,

I use DirecWay Satellite 2-Way.. how come Neowin.net it's self takes sooo longgg to load.. also all of it's other pages. g2g now..

bye

Also,

Since I don't have a static IP but an kind of "interal IP" provided by hughes/my isp. I used to use dns2go to get me my own type of static Ip and it worked but now it charges money, do you know of any services like dns2go that I can use to give me a static type of IP? thanks.

I know satellite doesn't have good upload speed, but hey.. i'm only hosting one little 5/6k webcam pic and my upload speed is usually mroe than that :D like 40k/up. thanks.. really g2g now! bye :D

i don't really know how to claraify it..

but i just want to keep it nice form.. if i get another hub via huplink it'll be 192.168.2.1..

and so fourth. i think its the subnet.. please help!

it doesnt make any sense why you would want to do that

I think you can make it work by making your subnet 255.255.0.0 or even 255.255.254.0 you'll have to play around, but basically the 255 wont allow you the increments in the 3rd level will it ;)