Macs To Have Amd Processor?

well, failing a total meltdown of any power4-producing plant. I HIGHLY doubt apple will drop power4 in favor of x86 processors. I mean, the major hurdles in getting to the platform (you know, like convincing EVERY software vendor to recompile and re-release all their programs...um, yeah) aer reason enough alone not to do this. I'm suprised the project has gotten this far. Not unless they have built a REALLY slick and transparent powerpc emulation layer will this come out. Ever. PERIOD.

This isn't about technical limitations, just basic busniess theory....

apple can be pretty misterious for releasing their products....if it werent for so many ppl who get info from ppl who have links to apple, we would have never found out bout the DDR powermacs a month before they were released...

there were rumors of new powerbooks coming out as early as the week when the DDR PowerMacs came out...but the rumors faded as soon as soon as a promo for the powerbook was released back in sept...crushing lots of ppls' hopes, but the rumor popped back up in early oct :p..this time with a date...and a month later new pbooks and ibooks came out :)

1 week till i get my souped up ibook :D

apple can be pretty misterious for releasing their products....

I think that fact is very true and will (unless they change) be Apple's undoing.

Well, last I checked, keeping your coporate operations secret was a good thing... Do you want your competitors knowing what you're going to be doing so they can have a chance to beat you?

I think Apple just gets this stigma because people seem to want to know what's up with company more than usual. I mean, geez, look at MS and Longhorn :D

apple can be pretty misterious for releasing their products....

I think that fact is very true and will (unless they change) be Apple's undoing.

Well, last I checked, keeping your coporate operations secret was a good thing... Do you want your competitors knowing what you're going to be doing so they can have a chance to beat you?

I think Apple just gets this stigma because people seem to want to know what's up with company more than usual. I mean, geez, look at MS and Longhorn :D

Well so far he's said that if Apple doesn't go x86, they will be out of business. And now this. Fairly obvious by now he's a Mac hater. I think it's also safe to say that he has never used a Mac and really has no idea what he's talking about.

lmao...apple wont lose money just cuz they aren't on the x86 platform, motorolla is pretty bad at producing processors, so we need an alternative now, look at IBM, their G3 line is pretty affordable...compared to the G4 line, and the G3 is able to get upgraded more often than the G4 (the G4 timeline looks pretty bad (increases by very little over time) and i heard each processor (ie the 800 mhz G3 processor) is quite a bit faster then the previous processor (700 mhz))