100,000 Gamers Sign Up For Xbox Live

I just got my sorta-daily email from Paul Thurrott (see www.winsupersite.com if you are familar with Paul Thurrott) and here are the stats regarding the XBOX Live service which launched yesterday (11/15/02).

Microsoft might be losing money on the Xbox, but the company is racing ahead to embrace what's widely believed to be the Next Big Thing in the video-game industry: online gaming. More than 100,000 people have already signed up for the service, which goes live today. But when, if ever, the Xbox will be profitable is unclear: The company says it will spend $2 billion during the next 5 years to build the Xbox Live service and improve its console.

I think this is awesome! Xbox Live has the potential to really make the Xbox the number 1 seller over the next 5 years and that means more games and better companies releasing gamers.

I only have the beta (yes, I was in the public beta) kit with MotoGP. What games are worth getting?

Anyone play Unreal or MechAssualt?

2 years maybe 3 at the most i'd say, the way companies are with getting new consoles out ever few years, hope it does last though dont want to see dc again :(

ok, lemme get this straight..... 100,000 people signed up for xbox live BEFORE it was launched? :blink: if thats true, how many people will sign up within the next year? :woot: