Double Monitor Problem

i used to use two video cards for two monitors on my computer. one was a pci card from an older computer that i temporaraly put in this computer. over time it started putting files that i extracted onto my desktop onto this second monitor, and opening some extra windows (ex. In PS7 it sometimes opened the new picture option window there)

no that i've disabled the card and removed it, my flash fxp opens on that non existant monitor and i can't move it back to the first monitor, and also when i extract files to the desktop, it wants them to be on that second monitor.

any ideas?

(BTW, i have xp sp1)

From my experience with the dual monitor setup I have, some windows remember what monitor they were on when they 'were closed'. So, if I ever removed or disabled the second monitor, and opened up something that was on that monitor the last time I closed it out, then it will try to open up on that monitor, regardless of if it still exists or not.

To correct this;

1. Open up the program that you want to fix.

2. Right-click on it in the taskbar.

3. Select "Restore" if it is not greyed out. If it is, move on to step 4.

4. Right-click on it again, and select "Move". DO NOT MOVE THE MOUSE NOW.

5. Without moving the mouse, left-click and hold. Your mouse is actually in the title-bar of your program, and if it is on your now non-existant second monitor, you will not be able to see it. Now drag your mouse from your 'second monitor' to your primary one.

6. Once you have 'moved' it to your primary monitor, close the program and open it again. If all is well, it should open up on your primary monitor and forget all about your second one.

Hope this helps, as it works for me.

4. Right-click on it again, and select "Move". DO NOT MOVE THE MOUSE NOW.

5. Without moving the mouse, left-click and hold. Your mouse is actually in the title-bar of your program, and if it is on your now non-existant second monitor, you will not be able to see it. Now drag your mouse from your 'second monitor' to your primary one.

or you could use cursor keys :p