USC looses to Oregan State

USC just lost to Oregon State. I don't think I've ever been happier. I hate USC with a passion, so seeing them lose (and prob. get knocked down a good bit) makes my day.

What are your thoughts?

Edit for grammar.

(was excited)

Edited by The Angry Bunny

um... not what I see here:

CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) - Turns out Southern California was vulnerable.

Oregon State capitalized on four USC turnovers to upset No. 3 USC 33-31, snap the Trojans 27-game Pac-10 winning streak and break the national championship race wide open on Saturday.

USC (6-1, 4-1) had also won 18 straight road games. But the mighty Trojans had shown cracks in their last three games, each a victory by seven points or less.

Against the Beavers, they couldn't escape and came up one play short.

John David Booty's 2-yard scoring pass to Steve Smith with 7 seconds left made the score 33-31. But

Oregon State's Jeff Van Orsow batted down a pass on the 2-point conversion play to preserve the lead.

USC started the day as was one of seven unbeaten teams in the country. Now there are six.

Ohio State and Michigan won their games and will hold on to the top two spots in the Bowl Championship Series standings when they come out Sunday. That valuable spot behind the Big Ten powers is now up for grabs, and all those teams with one loss are feeling a lot better about their chances to play for a national title.

Oregon State fans celebrated wildly in the second half when quarterback Matt Moore hit Joe Newton with a 9-yard scoring pass and Sammie Stroughter ran a punt back 70 yards for a touchdown to give the Beavers (4-4, 3-2) a 30-10 lead.

USC, which was coming off a bye that allowed All-American Dwayne Jarrett and fellow starter Smith to heal injuries, came back with Booty's 4-yard scoring pass to Fred Davis to close out the third quarter.

Booty then found Smith in the end zone and Chauncey Washington ran in the 2-point conversion to narrow it to 33-25.

Alexis Serna's 47-yard field goal attempt went wide left in the fourth quarter and gave USC one more shot.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

now i know there is more then 1 "osu" but i'm just stating the facts here...

EDIT: didnt see ohio won also... but so did oregon ;)

Edited by Tech_Dude_5000

lol dude relax. im glad Oregon won against USC... but i was just proclaiming at the end of my post that "Go bucks!" b/c im from columbus and Ohio State U. is #1. so as far as im concerned, any Top 10 team losing is a bonus to OhioSU.