'noob' BF2 questions...

I picked up BF2 the other day and have two questions. Each time I load the game it automatically connects me to a server without showing me the browser to choose one from and I have to hit escape and go through the menu... is there any way to stop that? Also, I keep getting kicked by punkbuster due to file/memory corruption 81159 or something like that. I installed the game yesterday, patched it, installed the no intro crack and the no cd crack.... is it due to one of those and if so, which one? thanks in advance :)

I picked up BF2 the other day and have two questions. Each time I load the game it automatically connects me to a server without showing me the browser to choose one from and I have to hit escape and go through the menu... is there any way to stop that? Also, I keep getting kicked by punkbuster due to file/memory corruption 81159 or something like that. I installed the game yesterday, patched it, installed the no intro crack and the no cd crack.... is it due to one of those and if so, which one? thanks in advance :)

the joining server is because you are pressing Join or Play now... select the other option and you will be brought to the server selection...... not too sure about punkbuster but they do look for exe so the No-cd crack is prob doing you in.... I used Alcohol 120 to make an image of the bf2 disk and just leave that mounted all the time... no need for a crack or disk...

the joining server is because you are pressing Join or Play now... select the other option and you will be brought to the server selection...... not too sure about punkbuster but they do look for exe so the No-cd crack is prob doing you in.... I used Alcohol 120 to make an image of the bf2 disk and just leave that mounted all the time... no need for a crack or disk...

oh ok, thanks I'll make an image I guess. I don't quite understand what you mean by I must be pressing Join or Play Now though. What I mean is I load the game, click sign in and as soon as it's signed in it loads up a server....without me pressing anything?

The game creates two shortcuts on your desktop: "Battlefield 2" and "Play BF online now" or something like that.

you must be using the second one :p

ohhhhh, that explains it. lol :blush: thanks.