touching LCD tv's

I have a 37" LCD HDTV, and i also have a little 14month old little brother, and he keeps touching my screen, which makes me very angry. I protect my tv as much as possible, by keeping it close to the wall as possible on the tv stand, yet hes growing so fast, he can reach it once again.. I notice little hand prints on my tv, is this going to screw up my pixels in anyway?

Of course i know not touching it is better then touching it, i just really don't want to screw up a very expensive 37" LCD tv..

It could if he presses hard enough and damages the panel. It would take a decent amount of force, but once a crack forms and that connection gets severed, good bye.

Edited by bangbang023

umm I'm not so sure. We have a few junk LCDs at school that we poked with pens, scissors, fingers etc and besides scratching the plastic, nothing happened :shrug:

lol, thats not as far as my baby brother goes.. he just places his hands on it, maybe slaps it, but he isn't smacking it so hard the screen shakes or anything, i just don't want finger prints to ruin anything

Just get an LCD cleaner.

Or hit the kid and teach him to stay away from the LCD.

My mom touched my TV once and I gave her hell.

And I am being 100% serious. There are some things that you have to teach kids to stay away from.

I bought the extended no-fault warranty on my new LCD tv for JUST this reason...10 years of protection, even if it's my fault...

It was expensive though, at $200...but when you spend $2000 on a TV, it's worth it to get the warranty when you don't expect to buy another one for several years.

It could if he presses hard enough and damages the panel. It would take a decent amount of force, but once a crack forms and that connection gets severed, good bye.

Not always, a friend of mine got a LCD for free. Someone feel into it and it cracked. Other than the lines of the crack, the LCD works fine.

Not always, a friend of mine got a LCD for free. Someone feel into it and it cracked. Other than the lines of the crack, the LCD works fine.

^Over time, the liquid will ooze into the surrounding areas and make a dark, inky spot...making it unuseable...just wait :)

wouldn't touching the screen make it blurry.

My friend pressed on his LCD monitor a couple of times before and that one spot became very blurry

I don't think kids touching the screen would do anything.

Just make sure the TV can't tip over. That would be the end of it.

My Sharp LCD came with an attachment on the back so that you could wire it to a wall. This prevents it from falling over during earthquakes. I'm sure it would work for kids as well.

i got the extended warranty, i have 4 years covered (in house), no questions asked, but one of the guys said repairing it is stupid, they only cover dead pixels that over the size of a fist..

I can mount it on the wall.. but because of my setup, i would hate to see the wires coming down the wall, and eventually getting yanked out of the wall. While I'm at work my room is locked so my little brother can't get in, and i don't allow him near my expensive equipment LOL (sounds selfish but i have to protect my investments).

it's just when everyone finds it "fun" to let him run ramped inside my room and think it's funny when he touches my LCD tv. BTW, it's not rear projection.