NBA Basketball Thread

Not sure if there's an official one or not, but the NBA season started last night and it started well for me. The Bulls absolutely demolished the Heat by 42 after their ridiculously long ring ceremony. Man, I'd love to be the "Neuromuscular Therapist" for an NBA Championship team, work so little and get the same ring as the millionaires.

One interesting note from the game was on a play where Andres Nocioni drove the lane and was bumped by Antoine Walker on the shot, Noc thought he was fouled and on his was back down the court he began to protest, but then remembered the new rule and tried to take it back. It was too late and he was called for a Technical. The rule worked fine in that game, but I really, really, really, can't wait until the full season begins and we get LeBron, Wade, Duncan, etc. complaining. The calls they get only makes them feel they should get every call and the whining and acting when they don't is just annoying. If the league calls it consistently, even on the superstars, it'll be nice to see it for one, but for another it'll be interesting to see the on court (statistical) result of that. If they don't call in consistently, well then, I wonder who'll notice it first.

• 1 month later...

Warriors in the running for Iverson

Wednesday, Dec 13, 2006 3:17 pm EST

The Golden State Warriors have reportedly put together their offer for Allen Iverson, and it includes point guard Baron Davis and breakthrough center Andris Biedrins. A source close to one of the players went as far as calling the deal "done."

The Philadelphia 76ers would ship Iverson to the Warriors, possibly along with center Steven Hunter.

Source: New York Daily News

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Wa...F?urn=nba,17722

Edit: Biedrins did play, he just didn't start. So maybe that move wasn't as significant as I thought.

Edited by Fred Derf

Another brawl in the NBA, this time in the Denver-Knicks game. All 10 players on the court were ejected, including players such as Carmelo Anthony and Nate Robinson. Looks like both franchises will have problems making the playoffs this season.

Link here

Warriors in the running for Iverson

Wednesday, Dec 13, 2006 3:17 pm EST

The Golden State Warriors have reportedly put together their offer for Allen Iverson, and it includes point guard Baron Davis and breakthrough center Andris Biedrins. A source close to one of the players went as far as calling the deal "done."

The Philadelphia 76ers would ship Iverson to the Warriors, possibly along with center Steven Hunter.

Source: New York Daily News

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Wa...F?urn=nba,17722

Edit: Biedrins did play, he just didn't start. So maybe that move wasn't as significant as I thought.

This was shot down quick by Chris Mullin Thursday. Here on the local radio sports talk they confirmed it.

I'd rather keep Baron and Andris. Andris is only 20, too young to just throw him out for Iverson.

• 3 weeks later...

man nobody watches basketball anymore huh? i must admit, i was into more last year than this year. but it's still early. i can't wait to see the nuggets with a.i., j.r., mello, camby, nene and boykins? man, thats better than the lakers a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Webber joins the Pistons tonight!!!

I doubt he'll make much of a difference. A veteran presence as their 5th starter (at best). I don't see his oft-injured 33 year old body returning to form anytime soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Webber can't defend a broken fire hydrant at this point.

More interested in where Kidd ends up.

I was just wondering after reading your comment what you think about Webber now? i mean really didnt belive it my self but wow! is weber going crazy or what? He looks like he did in college (well maybe not college but you know what i mean!!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bulls have pretty much 0 chance of winning the title this year.

It will be either:

West:(West is taking the title this year, East can't contend.)

Phoenix Suns (Most likely)

Dallas Mavericks (Second most likely, can't handle Suns though)

San Antonio Spurs

East: (Has zero chance of winning against Western Conference this year.)

Detroit Pistons (Won't win over a Western Conference team though)

That's about it really.. you could toss in a couple other east teams like Wizards, maybe, but I dunno. The East just suck so bad this season.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't watched a basketball game in a while but tonights Raptors/Nets game is too painful to watch. Raptors are getting owned like theres no tomorrow.

Hehe my teams for the finals, Pistons vs Suns, but I really want to see a western conference final between Suns and Warriors.

I was surprised to see Dallas go so early.

it would be nice to see an 8 seed make it to the finals lol. more realistically though, i believe it will be the winner of the suns/spurs series that will move on to the finals to face the pistons. i'm rooting for the suns to win it all.

• 2 weeks later...