Video settings won't save in Media Player

Okay this is really stupid, and it does this on every computer I've seen with XP. I try to change the video settings, like the brightness for instance, and it works fine, then when I close media player and start it up again, they're reset!!!

This is really stupid, is there a way to save them????

I had the same problem, but also with games, etc...

I just realised that is was Adobe Gamma Loader that changed that every time. Check if you don't have it (it comes with Adobe Photoshop adn other Adobe softs).

If you have it, just uncheck the correct option.

Good luck :cool:

on second guess.. it wont stay for me either. I guess that's a goodthing though. If one movie was dark then i'd have to turn it down back everytime i watch a movie. The movies i watch are good anyways so i didn't even use those brightness settings before....

all of my movies are too dark too. i've changed settings for the windows display, but i don't want windows to be brighter, just my movies. there has to be some way to save these settings...

A movie must be playing in Windows Media Player.

Then click on

Display Adapters > Settings Tab > Advanced Button > Geforce3 Tab > Additional Properties Button > Overlay Controls Tab

Then you can tweak till your eyes go blind.

...............if you have a GeForce 3.............. sorry I didn't read the line about "do you have a geforce 3"

The computer I wish to do this on is using Trident Blade 3D onboard AGP video.... no overlay settings.