SCEPTRE 42inch LCD 1080P TV $1500

SCEPTRE Black 42

I'd like your opinions on this tv, i'm thinking about buying it. Its Going to be hooked up to my media center PC, and my as well as to my directv tivo (its not HD I know)

I was just wondering if anyone here owns this tv and if they recommend it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824112180

ok seeing how no one here probobly owns this tv, how about I ask about a different TV. how about the Westinghouse LVM-42w2

ok seeing how no one here probobly owns this tv, how about I ask about a different TV. how about the Westinghouse LVM-42w2

Oh god no, please. We have the Westinghouse at work and it's image quality is sub par. The black levels are just severely lacking. On top of that, we've had a lot of reliability issues with Westinghouse across their line of LCD's.

Thank you for the response. which TV would you recommend for a 42 inch LCD at 1080p or 1080i ? under 2k

If you shop around, you should find the Sharp LC-42D62U available for under 2 g's.

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought a Samsung LN-S4095D from Frys.com yesterday for $1814 shipped. it's $1700 w/ free shipping, but i had to pay tax. awesome tv, 40" and does 1080p (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

It's a 720p television, not 1080i. It will accept 1080i, but only display 720p.

A) That was a fast response

B) God damnit I hate tv shopping.

well I wanna be a little future proof

Future proof for what though? The only real 1080p content for the next few years is going to be HD-DVD and Blu-ray. Broadcast stuff is limited by bandwidth and I don't think we'll be seeing any 1080p broadcasts, never mind full time 1080p. for quite a while (think 8 years down the road). The market is simply moving too quickly to sit back and wait to future proof yourself.

Future proof for what though? The only real 1080p content for the next few years is going to be HD-DVD and Blu-ray. Broadcast stuff is limited by bandwidth and I don't think we'll be seeing any 1080p broadcasts, never mind full time 1080p. for quite a while (think 8 years down the road). The market is simply moving too quickly to sit back and wait to future proof yourself.

Arn't broadcasters doing 1080i

Arn't broadcasters doing 1080i

Yes, but you are barely going to notice a difference (if at all) at this size range. 1080p only really shines at sizes above 50", IMO.

barely any 1080p broadcasts? but i have a crapload of 1080p ts files that were broadcasted movies. or do you just mean like tv shows? :D

There's nothing broadcast in 1080p...

Romeo+juliet_MPEG2_1080P_DTS

RECODE RiPPER...:CHD

RELEASE DATE....: 12/5/2006

THEATRE DATE....: 1996

SOURCE TYPE.....: 1080p, 16.4GB

ViDEO BiTRATE...:mpeg2 @ 15.5M

FRAME RATE......: 23.976

AUDiO BiTRATE...: dts5.1(eng)/ac35.1(eng)/ac35.1(chs)

RUNTiME.........: 120 min

ASPECT RATiO....: 16 : 9

RESOLUTiON......: 1920*1080

so is it just 1080i and they are lying?

^^