|Neowin| Gears Of War MP Match Thread

you gotta wait for all us Uk'ers

yeah we still have another 5 days to go :(

I cant wait till my copy comes!!

But theres a hitch, Children in need is on this friday so i have to time my gaming around the good things that are on it this time!

Lookin' good. (Y) I'm glad it's not completely black and red. You're quick!

Now I just have to figure when I'll be available.

Thanks man. And I could not leave it all red and black, I just could not. ;)

Crap, there was a match today? :/ I need to pay more attention

It was not an official match at all, so it was not you were not paying attention, no worries my man. I just saw enough people on from Neowin, so it worked.

the matches we played today were great...

Agreed. They were a ton of fun no doubt. Just a great time indeed.

great initiative Larry. As you suspected, sundays would be best because of the time difference issue.

Thank man. I appreciate it I truly do.

In fact, I would just like to say everyone thank you so much for the interest and support, it truly is inspiring and make this all worth while the work we are putting into it. It is truly just so some of us can have good times playing together, so always keep that in mind. It is about fun first and foremost. :yes"

EDIT - Also in the last design I had shown, I had not had the full official word on if it was cool to use the Neowin Logo. I have it now, so I just wanted to show the design without the black waiting for approval blocks.

post-34384-1163389667_thumb.jpg

Also I have the Icons down for the different levels of people. Organizers (include the Gear) and just players (just solo skull)

So there you have it. I also found out the coding has come along some, so things are moving along better than I had anticipated.

Peace for now all.

DL

so when's the next matchup? i know i'm being lazy and that's in the thread, but...

Your not being lazy. ;) The next matchup is still to be determined. This thread was to initially start it all, but we are now moving onto a dedicated website for it that myself a magik are currently working on an our own time, which I stress that part as it means we are working on it whenever we can stop playing the game itself) :rofl: Seriously though it is not just because we are playing, I work a full time job, and he has school and also works I believe, so something that is a small project in the grand scheme of things, is going to take us a week or two to complete.

We are hoping a website will make it easier to organize (and read) things, so that is why we are working on it.

In the meantime, every time I sign on and I am down to play some MP, I check my friends list. If there is enough people on from Neowin playing, I try and set up a match.

What a few of us did the other day when there was only 4 of us on, is a little "trick" a friend of mine shared for playing ranked matches with your friends...

Since you cannot send out invites to play with friends on ranked matches, you can do the following "work around" and it honestly works pretty good.

Say you have 5 people who want to play together. Everyone knows the game mode. Everyone knows the max number of rounds. One person starts a ranked match, then everyone searches for it right after that person start it. Hopefully they can all join it no problem. Here is an example.

Playing A Ranked Match With Friends

• I tell 4 people I am going to start a Ranked Match.
  • Immediately after everyone knows I then go and start a Ranked Match / Execution / 6 Rounds minimun.
  • Shortly after, everyone else searches for a Custom Ranked match.
  • When they search, they set the parameters to Execution (for game mode) & 6 Rounds (for minimum #) to match the parameters I set when I set up the match.
    (Since 5 is the default match set, they will not see any of the default matches set up since I chose 6)
  • When they get back the hosted game search results, as long as they did it shortly after I set up the match, I should be towards the top of the list.
  • They click join, and we get to play, along with random other people who just happend to join as well.

I do this little trick above, and it works 85% of the time.

So until the website is up and running there might not be an official match, but there very well may be a few unofficial ones. Either through a player private match I just happen to set up or through a ranked public match using the "trick" I outlined above.

that's pretty good. will follow this procedure later in the week to see if you're on.

and hey we can wait for the project to come together. gaming's life but unless you're CliffyB it don't put food on the table so we all have to work. good things are worth waiting for in the end, always.

Looks like i'll miss this weekends matches as Microsoft still aren't giving me a pre-paid label to send the console back... it has been two weeks now and four phone calls and still they do nothing. I'd be quite happy to pack it up myself and and pay postage to send it back but noooo.

what's with the bumping anyway? shouldn't it be nudge?

and i'm still getting used to GOW for one, the locust are totally wiping the floor with me on hardcore, so MP is questionable right now...

is it just me or are 360 titles cranking up the difficulty?

What is up everyone?

Last I heard magik was still hard at work on the site.

I know it has been a little longer than anticipated, but it is still in the works, just wanted to keep everyone posted. My main reason for posting is...

Anyone down for a Friday Afternoon, November 34th, Informal Multiplayer Match?

I am psyched because I have off from work tomorrow, and my girlfriend has to work. All I plan doing is sleeping in as late as possible, and then waking up and gaming, and only gaming, the entire afternoon.

So if any members are down to play a Friendly Public Match during the afternoon of Friday November 24th, just either let me know here, are send me a message when I sign on tomorrow.

The Mode will be Execution. I will make it 10 Rounds, Private Slots, and I will send out the invites to whomever is down. If you are down, same deal as before, if you are not on my friends list already, just send me an invite.

I am thinking if all goes well, we can play a good solid hour to two at least, so we can get in a decent amount of matches as well.

I am thinking around approximately 1-2 PM EST US (all depends on when I wake up)

So that means around 6-7 PM UK and

10-11 AM PST

Including myself, we just need 7 members down to play.

Since we were able to do it before without even planning it, so I am hoping with this little advance notice we have enough people to get it going tomorrow as well.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow afternoon. :punk:

DL

Im down whenever... if im not on xbl im proably on the computer... you can hit me up on AIM or MSN and il usualy be glad to get on gow and play :p.

gamertag: LOL pen

aim: turbomuffin12

msn: scott1234@gmail.com

Hey,

If i am able to find my Visa, so i can upgrade to Gold Membership i would love to join!

But my Danish-English odd voice keeps me from using the Microphone, at all. Is that a problem?

Hey,

If i am able to find my Visa, so i can upgrade to Gold Membership i would love to join!

But my Danish-English odd voice keeps me from using the Microphone, at all. Is that a problem?

I belive there is a voice masking feature if your worrying about how you sound. (Excuse my ignorrence if Danish-English is another term for mute of somthing :( )

Hey,

If you cannot find your Visa, I might have a free 48 hour trial code laying around somehwere. ;) I cannot promise for sure that I do, but I might.

I am finally off to sleep, so I can wake upby one or two tomorrow to try and get this match going.

So keep posting here if you are down, and/or just hit me up tomorrow and of course I will check to see who is online when I do start playing.

Again for anyone who is down, although most of you are already on my friends list, if you are not on my friends list, just make life a little easier for me since I am setting it all up and send me a friend request. Thanks for doing it in advance.

DL

Oh and yeah, if I first sign on, and you see my playing Rainbow Six, it is only temporary and me trying to do my custom character in sunlight, it is finally supposed to not be raining here tomorrow I think.

So although it might first say my status is Rainbow Six Vegas, get ready, as I plan to play GOW as soon as that is done. :laugh:

I'm sure nobody will mind, mate. Don't worry, we're just all gamers trying to have fun. :)

Could not have put it any better. This is all strictly and all about having Fun. Fun is the keyword always when we play, so no worries if you have never played, do not have a mic, whatever. It is all about Fun.

Oh and yeah, if I first sign on, and you see my playing Rainbow Six, it is only temporary and me trying to do my custom character in sunlight, it is finally supposed to not be raining here tomorrow I think.

So although it might first say my status is Rainbow Six Vegas, get ready, as I plan to play GOW as soon as that is done. :laugh:

It does actually say for that status for rainbow six 'Playing is scanning their face using the xbox live vision camera' so we will know when you do, and expect photo like before to see how it looks ;)

Anyway, I will be online I guess around 9pm UK time so I hope you are still playing by then, it would be great to hook up with some guys from Neowin. DirtyLarry I have you already on contact list. I may add some more people from this thread so we can see more people online, anyone can add me also.

GT = Pheis