Wireless Surroundsound

My dad wants to get Wireless surround sound for his new place. He doesnt want to bother with the hassel of running wires ect. Is there any brands or specific models i should be looking at to suggest to him?

Also, whats the price range for wireless surround sound?

As for price range, you're probably looking at a couple hundred for the wireless receiver. Keep in mind that with most solutions, you still have to run wires from the rear speakers to the wireless receiver. I haven't seen a speaker set where the radio signal gets sent directly to the rear speakers. This means you're adding another box to your system which must be kept somehwere in the room, and you still have wires coming from the rear speakers.

After the research I did, I found that it just wasn't worth it to get wireless surround speakers. Between signal strength, interference and overall sound quality, the cost/benefit analysis doesn't pan out.

If the home theater room is on the first floor and has a basement underneath, you can run the wires into the basement and then back up into the wall on the other side of the room. If it has carpet, you can run the wires along the wall between the carpet and the wall. If it has hard wood and a baseboard, you can pop off the baseboard, and run the wires behind the baseboard.

There are plenty of ways to conceal wires, and you'll always have a better sounding system than using any type of wireless solution.

There is also the option of a "simulated" surround sound. I don't have the time right now to go and search but Best Buy has this $700 or $800 receiver that is supposed to simulate 5.1 without the use of any satalite speakers... from what i remember it did get great reviews...

Okay, it's for PC, but if Logitech can do it, others can do it too....

Logitech? Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System

Premium surround sound with wireless rear speakers!

No more running cables: dual wireless rear speakers provide clutter-free enjoyment of powerful THX?-certified 5.1 digital sound.

You still need to feed the rear speakers with electricity....