Logo Request (Only 24hrs though!) $70

Question

Ok Guys I have to provide some logo examples to a client this time tomorrow (Friday 16:00 - GMT) and I know its a quick quick turnaround, but you guys can do superb logos as seen on this forum.

The Brief:

Its for a company called Pendulum HR, the website is www.pendulumhr.com. Its a Human Resources / Recruitment company so quite corporate.

So you can brand it pendulumHR / pendulum HR / Pendulum HR / PendulumHR or whatever way you want!

The client did like the idea of using a pendulum in the logo, perhaps as the swinging P or something similar.

She did say she liked "green and gold" yes I know, so I would say probably some alternatives would be better.

I hope a 24hr turnaround is acceptible on these forums, as this is the first time I have posted on here for a logo request!

Pixelised - i know its good practice to present the client with as many options as possible but sometimes you dont half go over the top. Why dont you stick to a design and expand on it. Some of these threads are full of you going 'just another twist' and 'more creations from me' where you keep adding and adding every combo you can make with the logo and the certain 'shape' involved

Ill probly get shot down for saying this but its starting to get on my nerves so i had to say something

mmm i have to agree, i mean, you can bring couple concepts out, but in terms of just changing font color and reflection angle is not worth another image... but in the designers brain, the more you push out the more reaction you prob recieve

I am sorry it offends you, but I can't help it. Quite often I change my designs completely, and I would hate to think the one I didn't show the client would have been the one he prefered.

For some reason recently I have had too many ideas and I can't seem to get the 'perfect design' that I am happy to modify etc.

Perhaps I need to take more time doing all the tweaking and changing before I post. I don't know. But I didn't realise what I did was offensive. Perhaps I should stop posting until I have the perfect logo, but then again, what is the perfect logo? What's good for me may not be good for others.

superb so far, cant believe how fast you guys are creating these!

jrowa - I really like your ideas so far, I never would have thought of boxing the HR like that but works well :)

ZiGGA - I also really like your idea, just not 100% sure if its instantly noticable that its a pendulum.

Just as a thought, about some swooshing curves, to emulte that the pendulum is swinging ....... maybe that will give some ideas ??

Keep up the good work everyone!

I am sorry it offends you, but I can't help it. Quite often I change my designs completely, and I would hate to think the one I didn't show the client would have been the one he prefered.

For some reason recently I have had too many ideas and I can't seem to get the 'perfect design' that I am happy to modify etc.

Perhaps I need to take more time doing all the tweaking and changing before I post. I don't know. But I didn't realise what I did was offensive. Perhaps I should stop posting until I have the perfect logo, but then again, what is the perfect logo? What's good for me may not be good for others.

By no means stop posting, im sorry if the way ive come accross above is a bit imature

I should have maybe reworded and made it sound more like advice than critisism

Keep up the work by all means, i just meant expanding on one idea sometimes could mean more

ie. less is more :)

Thanks for the tips. I don't want to offend anyone so perhaps I will reduce the submissions over the next while. If I start submitting too many, kindly point out the error of my ways by way of PM or something ;)

ZiG's entry makes me think "fairy lights" :p

I like jrowas alot - looking good from where I'm sitting.

Pix, I quite like one of yours, but not so keen on the other 15 ;)

Ness, don't go over the top w/effects - bevels, drop shadows and whatnot are all very well and good, but if the client is gonna put the logo on top of a letter in block colours grayscale (worst case scenario) it shouldn't look too bad :p Have a look around different threads, particularly ZiGGA, Pox and jrowa's work - IMO, they're the best 3 currently on Neowin with any regularity (one or two others I've seen are nice, but don't see them often).

Scott, I think you'll get a nice logo at the end of this thread - some good stuff already. It's a shame the contest is so short, could have some good developments on it, especially for the $70 prize.

What do you think of this? Going for a simple, professional look - please give as much feedback as possible.

pendulumhr.png

Now yes I do really like this one...... its gives impact straight way, in a modern style. Just one critism is the pendulum-esque style shape looks too much like a C at a quick glance... maybe thin up the top right gap perhaps?

ZiG's entry makes me think "fairy lights" :p

I like jrowas alot - looking good from where I'm sitting.

Pix, I quite like one of yours, but not so keen on the other 15 ;)

Ness, don't go over the top w/effects - bevels, drop shadows and whatnot are all very well and good, but if the client is gonna put the logo on top of a letter in block colours grayscale (worst case scenario) it shouldn't look too bad :p Have a look around different threads, particularly ZiGGA, Pox and jrowa's work - IMO, they're the best 3 currently on Neowin with any regularity (one or two others I've seen are nice, but don't see them often).

Scott, I think you'll get a nice logo at the end of this thread - some good stuff already. It's a shame the contest is so short, could have some good developments on it, especially for the $70 prize.

I see what you are saying is this better>??

post-187160-1163710430.jpg

Pix: Pendulum2.jpg

Green one. I like that, it's pretty good. Work on your simple effects though - not everything looks good with the semi-transparent white overlay, and this is one :p Also the colour isn't the nicest, possibly spruce that up a tad. I'm not the topic starter, so my opinion isn't worth money here, but I think that's your best bet to develop so far. BTW, in another thread, I really liked this logo, one of the best I've seen from you I think.

Ness: Already, that's looking nicer to my eyes :p Still needs a lot of work to win the thread, but keep it up, better than I could do :p The best logos are simple and catchy, like this one by Pox or this (drool) one by ZiGGA. If you just see the logo withOUT the text, is it instantly recognisable? If so, it's got promise.