Rockstar Games Finally Coming To Xbox

"Midnight Club redefined the racing genre by offering an entirely new freedom and style never before seen in a racing game," said Dan Houser, Rockstar Games' Vice President of Creative. "Midnight Club II evolves those trademark ideas, adds a host of innovative features with a revolutionary new design creating a racing experience that continues the tradition of excellence and innovation expected from a Rockstar title. We believe we are making the fastest and most complete racing game people will have ever seen."

Midnight Club II moves racing games from tracks to the city streets. The world's most notorious drivers meet each night in three of the world's greatest cities - LA, Paris, and Tokyo, driving the latest performance enhanced cars and bikes and competing head-to-head to make a name for themselves. Now it's your turn. There are no rules. Drive anywhere in the city. Find the fastest route, and win the car.

The Xbox version is expected to be released in Spring 2003.

http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?a...ZlAkAEFvWkncWHh

midnight_screen009.jpg

midnight_screen008.jpg

Ha!! GTA Vice city and the next 2 instalment are ps2 exclusives!!!

people WILL get tired of GTA just like MS has said Halo 2 will be the last Halo

Well, they're not tired yet, Vice City is the fastest selling game of all time in the US and the UK making sure Sony have a very merry Xmas...

people WILL get tired of GTA just like MS has said Halo 2 will be the last Halo

Well, they're not tired yet, Vice City is the fastest selling game of all time in the US and the UK making sure Sony have a very merry Xmas...

only because PS2 has more consoles, Xbox's Halo has the record sale per console

Haha, that's the whole point! If Xbox had that amount of sales it could boast such claims, as it doesn't, it can't. GTA: Vice City is the fastest selling game of all time. Fact.

Sales don't mean crap as far as games go, the only thing that matters is if you enjoy them peroid. Who cares about this mine is bigger then yours, I get sick of that crap.

I agree, to an extent. Massive selling games help build the userbase and vice versa, allowing for more innovative titles to be released, titles that aren't just EA rehashes etc. Games like Ico, rez and frequency probably wouldn't have been released on the PS2 if it didn't have the userbase it has now.

Haha, that's the whole point! If Xbox had that amount of sales it could boast such claims, as it doesn't, it can't. GTA: Vice City is the fastest selling game of all time. Fact.

I thought games from the Final Fantasy series where the fastest sellers. I heard that on the first day of release in japan they get up to 1.7 million copies... Im not actually sure how many copies GTA3:Vice City sold though.

:unsure:

The sales figures represent the sales in the first week of the release.

Final Fantasy X (Square) - 1,831,843 Million

"Grand Theft Auto: Vice City," which sold 1.4 million units between its Oct. 29 launch and Nov. 2, at an average price of $48 each, generating more than $68 million in projected revenue.

I'd rather play with myself than with a console....consoles suck! Nothing will ever beat the PC. They make all the games on a PC first and then port 'em over anyway....so you're just getting the lower quality crap.

I'd rather play with myself than with a console....consoles suck! Nothing will ever beat the PC. They make all the games on a PC first and then port 'em over anyway....so you're just getting the lower quality crap.

Oh come on. That is just a rediculous statement. If you knew anything about gaming, well, you wouldn't have said that.

Not strictly true; they're exclusive to PS2 for the first 6 months after initial release, I believe.

Gives Rockstar plenty of time to make the other versions better than the PS2 version, ala GTAIII.

LOL

Rockstar was NEVER PS2 exclusive. Only one series they make is, and that is GTA. Midnight Club II was always slated to came to all three, and the PC. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Um, excuse me didn't Angel Studios make Midnight Run? Rockstar on acquired them recently (and named them Rockstar - San Diego)

umm excuse me but Angel Studies had it slated for Ps2 and PC only until yesterday

gch8r.jpg

hey neo1980 mate, your sign is going to attract a lot of unwanted attention.

Just thought i would warn you.

wat kinda attention

See my sig? That kind of attention.

:ninja: