LCD water marks

I made a pretty stupid mistake. My laptop's LCD had gotten pretty dirty so I cleaned it using a damp cloth (well, it was a little bit more wet than damp). Now I'm seeing some water marks at the bottom of the screen. How can I get rid of them? :cry:

Update - Photos

1pd0.th.jpg2in0.th.jpg

EDIT: Sorry they're blurry, I had to quickly take them as the battery was very low. I'm recharging it now and will get some better photos up.

Edited by lcg

I made a pretty stupid mistake. My laptop's LCD had gotten pretty dirty so I cleaned it using a damp cloth (well, it was a little bit more wet than damp). Now I'm seeing some water marks at the bottom of the screen. How can I get rid of them? :cry:

I don't think you can.

Given the apparent age of your laptop I would say you don't have a glossy screen so you haven't removed the gloss.

What appears to have happened is the water has been sucked up inside via capillary action from round the edges of the bezel and its gone up and inside the front screen cover :pinch:

I don't think you can.

Given the apparent age of your laptop I would say you don't have a glossy screen so you haven't removed the gloss.

What appears to have happened is the water has been sucked up inside via capillary action from round the edges of the bezel and its gone up and inside the front screen cover :pinch:

OK, thanks :(

If you look at the thumbnails in particular you can see that there are dark areas on the screen. Would you say this is a fault of the screen or natural? Because I've suspected I've had this kinda problem for a while now, https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=410319 :pinch:

OK, thanks :(

If you look at the thumbnails in particular you can see that there are dark areas on the screen. Would you say this is a fault of the screen or natural? Because I've suspected I've had this kinda problem for a while now, https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=410319 :pinch:

It is quite common on laptop screens, unless the laptop is about 6-12 months old. and it was relatively expensive, then it's probably a cheaper screen and this is a common trait.

As for yellow light. This is down to cheaper fluorescent back light bulbs, usually. There may be a utility to correct the colour balance. But in all honesty it probably won't help all that much.

It is quite common on laptop screens, unless the laptop is about 6-12 months old. and it was relatively expensive, then it's probably a cheaper screen and this is a common trait.

As for yellow light. This is down to cheaper fluorescent back light bulbs, usually. There may be a utility to correct the colour balance. But in all honesty it probably won't help all that much.

Ah, I see. The laptop was bought around September/October '04 and is a standard Dell Inspiron 1150.

Some better quality photos, if they're of any use, which I suspect they're not.

3ut2.th.jpg4jb7.th.jpg

on the bright side you have a really nice doorstop and it didn't cost you a dime!

:laugh:

...but I paid for it 2 years ago with the rest of the laptop :p

Yer the water has been sucked up.

As for the yellow... I have seen a lot of 04/05 dell laptops with yellowing screens like that. Seems quite common.

Yeah. It won't get on my nerves for much longer as I'm going to order parts for a new PC which I'll get before Christmas, so I won't be using my laptop as much.

As for the water marks:

5ho4.th.jpg6wp3.th.jpg

They've almost gone :) In fact, those were taken half an hour ago, and the stains have appeared to have gone. I just hope that's the end of the matter. Thanks :)!

Yeah. It won't get on my nerves for much longer as I'm going to order parts for a new PC which I'll get before Christmas, so I won't be using my laptop as much.

As for the water marks:

5ho4.th.jpg6wp3.th.jpg

They've almost gone :) In fact, those were taken half an hour ago, and the stains have appeared to have gone. I just hope that's the end of the matter. Thanks :)!

You are lucky... I am pleased the water is evaporating and hasn't damaged the panel. Your welcome :)