Gaming on LCD Ps2 Gamecube Wii etc

Id like to hook up my old console and Wii in the future to my LCD 20inch widescreen 2007wfp DVI,RGB, S-Video, Composite video.

Last night i used the leads that come with the console

( composite i guess the yellow lead is picture and White n Red are sound)

from PS2 and gamecube. Gamcube wise i tried Resident Evil and Zelda and have to say i wasnt really impressed. Ps2 i tried GTA SA and GT3. Grand tourismo sat back looked good and i was happy enough. Would i get better results through a converter to VGA as at the mo the Aspect set to fill makes the picture pixely otherwise its like playing on a cd size picture. Any recommendations.

Also would the current Next gen consoles which i guess use a higher resolution look better outta the box on a console or do they also require extra connectors to play on a LCD screen.

Also in order whats the best picture quality. DVI composite vga S-Video etc.

I'm interested in this too. I tried hooking up my PS2 and it looked like crap. From what I heard, the next gen consoles are supposed to look good, but I'm not sold yet. I want to see some photos of it in action. I don't watch tv and I still have just a 19" crt and I do not want to upgrade that when I have 2 24" LCD's attached to my pc.

That's composite. Component would be Red, Green, Blue and would also require another Red and White for audio. They don't usually come with the system unless you got a 360 Premium.

Ofcourse the PS2 etc are going to look crap on a monitor which has a resolution like 1280x800 or more. The image is being upscaled.

Some games, I only know of GT4, can actually do 1080i, if I'm not mistaken.

I had my GameCube connected on my Sony 50" using the simple composite cable. It's nearly impossible to find component cable for it anymore.

All I can say is that the image is aweful. The pixels are big so the image looks blocky. It's much worst than watching a DVD (not upscaled).

Since I now have the Xbox360, I guess my GC will not be used anymore.

Use the component video cables. Simple as that.

Yep, you need component cables, the difference is almost immeasurable. I assume that where you've said you're monitor has "RGB" input, you mean Red, Green and Blue RCA Sockets (I.E. Component), not RGB SCART.

One complication: If you live in Europe/Australia, PAL Gamecube games don't support progrssive scan, but as long as your Gamecube has the Digital AV Out port, it's still the best connection method.

Yeah, I have a Dell 2405 and I'm waiting for my Wii Component Cable to come in... The Wii doesn't look very good in Composite mode on my LCD. I will post some comparisons if I ever get it.

I'm holding off to playing Zelda until I get the cable...

My new set (Samsung LE19R71B) doesn't have component input for my Xbox 360 (I thought it did, which is why I bought it), so right now I have AWFUL image quality until I find a solution. Any suggestions?

My new set (Samsung LE19R71B) doesn't have component input for my Xbox 360 (I thought it did, which is why I bought it), so right now I have AWFUL image quality until I find a solution. Any suggestions?

It looks like there's component on the picture on their site. Weird. It's also odd that they don't list the types of inputs on the TV. :huh:

Does it take VGA input? If so, you can always get a VGA cable for the 360.

I have the 19" model, and by looking at that comparison chart there isn't a component on that model.

Would I lose much quality using VGA? Are there no DVI cables for the 360 yet?

I'm a bit frustrated now, I wish I'd forked out for a bigger and better TV. Oh well.

I have the 2007fwp and ive got

VGA / DVI-D / S-video / Composite. No component :( never thought id need it.

Whats the best option as supossidly monitor can do HD through VGA.

Hi,

I have a related question, so I thought I'd better put it here than open a new thread.

As the OP, I want to connect my PS2, Gamecube and Dreamcast to an LCD (only those machines and DVDs, anything 720p goes elsewhere). I've decided to go for a 20 inch 4:3 LCD tv, but I am trying to decide on a model and it's a bit difficult. The Gamecube and the DC will be connected using RGB Scart. About the PS2, maybe RGB Scart or Component. Not all of the TVs in this low-end category have component input (at least in Europe), but I want to have it for the PS2 an maybe for using 480p on the Wii in the future.

Does this approach sounds correct or am I missing something important?

About resolution, most of the models I find are either 800x600 or 640x480. Which resolution would be better considering I am going to play PAL games in interlaced video modes most of the time (though at 60Hz when possible)?

Is 12ms low enough for gaming?

Thanks!