UFC 66: Liddell vs Ortiz 2

UFC 66: Liddell vs Ortiz 2

The one we've all been waiting for is only 30 days away! Both fighters have been on superb form since their last fight which Liddell won by TKO. Albeit Ortiz claimed a controversial "Thumb in the eye"

I personally think it's a very tough fight to call, Chuck is just on super confidence at the moment and as for Tito, well, he's either super confident or super big headed, but you can never tell! The big question that everyone keeps asking is can Chuck go 5 rounds with Tito. The question I'm asking is can Tito stand up to Chuck's striking for 5 rounds! Tito has a huge takedown game and is deadly when he executes, but Chuck has amongst the best takedown defence in MMA. Hard to call but I'm going with the champ to win again by TKO.

Zoom7000

^^ :laugh: ^^

I think its Chucks tbh...Ortiz had those fights against Shamrock but then he was sorta passed it Shamrock so Chuck is a bigger and badder challenge that I think Ortiz wont be able to control.

Its not far off now, only 3 weeks away, so i thought id get a topic going for this.

Heres the full fightcard;

-Chuck Liddell © vs. Tito Ortiz (UFC LHW Title)

-Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine

-Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcio "Pe De Pano" Cruz

-Chris Leben vs. Jason MacDonald

-Michael Bisping vs. Eric Schafer

-Thiago Alves vs. Tony DeSouza

-Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Carmelo Marrero

-Yushin Okami vs. Rory Singer

-Anthony Perosh vs. Christian Wellisch

Liddel/Ortiz - This is the one most people are waiting for, im looking forward to a few other fights more than this one, but everyone knows its going to be good. I expect Liddell to walk away with the win, the last time they fought it was Liddell all the way. Ortiz's game plan will be exactly what Liddell expects it to be, take him down and pound him. I dont really see this happening, Liddell is extremely hard to take down. Unless Tito has improved his striking, then he might stand up with Liddell. My prediction: Liddell wins via KO.

Griffin/Jardine - Now this is going to be a hell of a fight, they are both stand up fighters and both have knock out power. Expect this one to be very much like Griffin/Bonnar fight, both throwing punches without a care in the world. My prediction: Griffin by Decision.

Arlovski/Cruz - Another good fight scheduled here, Arlovski is coming off two straight losses, so that might have put him momentum down a bit. Cruz is an awesome fighter, and i think we might have to see the Arlovski of old to beat him. Hopefully we do, because we need someone to beat the **** out of Sylvia. If Arlovski wins this, dont be suprised to see Arlovski fight Brandon Vera in the next coming months for the number one contender spot. Prediction: Arlovski via KO

Bisping/Schafer - This is the one ive been waiting for, Bispings UFC debut. Schafer is a good opponent for him, they have similar styles, but Schafer is nowhere near as good as he used to be. Bisping should run away with this one. Prediction: Bisping via KO.

The rest of the fights probably wont be televised, and i havnt heard of a few of them before. So if anyone wants to add anything about them, then feel free.

• 2 weeks later...

ortiz wont win. i'd love to see randy back in the ring, he is my hero!!!

i just wish liddell wasnt as good of a knock-out fighter as he is as i want randy to be the light heavy weight champion forever!

Why would Couture come back outta retirement? Granted, he was good, but is the cash running low already? I think not... Depending on how you look at it, maybe he is admitting that Liddell is too damn good and he can't beat him, or, Liddell is sooo good that Ortiz can't beat Liddell and Randy can say whatever he likes to prove that Ortiz just won't win! :p

If (very big IF) Ortiz wins, then maybe he can come outta retirement, beat Ortiz and really retire on a high! Very unlikely though!

Did you hear his excuses for been knocked the **** out in the last fight?

he poked me in the eye...pfffffft

He couldnt admit he was well out of his depth :laugh:

I look forward to seeing Forrest Griffon's fight. Those other matches don't really seem all that interesting :rolleyes:

What I really can't wait to see is Quinton Jackson and Mirko Filipovic in UFC 67!

Do any you guys plan on watching Pride Shockwave?

I look forward to seeing Forrest Griffon's fight. Those other matches don't really seem all that interesting :rolleyes:

What I really can't wait to see is Quinton Jackson and Mirko Filipovic in UFC 67!

Do any you guys plan on watching Pride Shockwave?

Rampage will fight, but not against CroCop, he hasnt officially signed yet.

Hows this for amazing news..

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is expected to introduce Croatian heavyweight Mirko Filipovic as its newest acquisition during the Dec. 30 UFC 66 pay-per-view card, Sherdog.com learned Wednesday afternoon.

A star in the competitive PRIDE Fighting Championships' heavyweight division from Nov. 2001 through Sept. 2006 �" when "Cro Cop" captured PRIDE's Open-Weight Grand Prix crown �" Filipovic is slated to make his Octagon debut against North County Fight Club's Eddie Sanchez, a source close to Sanchez said.

Source: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=6424