Keyboard Shortcut/program For Screensaver?

I recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Optical desktop for my mac (OS X.2.2) and it's running great, but I was wondering one thing. Is there anyway I can reprogram the sleep key to activate the screensaver? I was hoping someone knew of a program or keyboard shortcut the would invoke the screensaver. Currently I just have a hot corner setup but a keyboard button would be nicer. Thanks!

At the moment the Drivers provided by Microsoft don't allow you to do this. I don't think there are any 3rd Party plug ins or programs that allow you to do this either :(

Aha, I got it! In case anyone else would like to do this, this is how I did it: The system file to call the screensaver is /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app. All I had to do then was go under the Other Hot Keys tab in IntelliType and tell the Sleep key to open an item (the file above.) :)

For something even cooler, try this:

open terminal and type :

nice +20 /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background &

Hit enter and you should see something similar to this come up (your number may be different):

[1] 4859

That's the process ID.

Now close the terminal and look at your desktop. Pretty cool, huh?

When you want to quit the screensaver go back to terminal and type:

kill 4859 but replace the 4859 with whatever number you were given.

:)

For something even cooler, try this:

open terminal and type :

nice +20 /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background &

Hit enter and you should see something similar to this come up (your number may be different):

[1] 4859

That's the process ID.

Now close the terminal and look at your desktop. Pretty cool, huh?

When you want to quit the screensaver go back to terminal and type:

kill 4859 but replace the 4859 with whatever number you were given.

Yeah, that's where I originally got it from, I remembered it from way back when it was first discovered. Unfortunately for some reason it bogs down my system considerable, even with a 800mhz G4 :(

yeah, it tends to get boggy on mine from time to time.

I guess I have my paltry 16 meg video card to thank for that. :D

It's still cool to have the aquarium screensaver running on your desktop though.