Hurray!Motion desktop for Vista found in RC1!

Doesnt work with RTM?

I dont know...i am still downloading my RTM from connect (Beta tester, got has a gift from Good Microsoft..(Vista bussiness)!!)

And it also works for Aurora...i thing we can start using /p65552 with the screensaver...

If you dont like this..use Alt+F4 to close this...or use Flpi3d to change back to your desktop..

post-121942-1165087470_thumb.jpg

Yup..works fine! You lose your desktop icons though, and it steals focus from time to time...but it's still cool, none the less.

Do all know how to create boot config to XP..bcos i was using dual boot, but i just installed vista rc1 again, but my xp boot is lost(since i formatted c:\ using vista setup)..

Is there anyway i can boot into XP..bcos, i am using it has my devlopment machine!!

It is indeed very cool! like Long said though not motion desktop, as the screensaver is on the taskbar, its just a screensaver that doesnt turn itself off when your mouse moves and its also not in the foreground. I like :D

ssbranded.scr is quite good, but it sure does seem to lag the desktop!

It is indeed very cool! like Long said though not motion desktop, as the screensaver is on the taskbar, its just a screensaver that doesnt turn itself off when your mouse moves and its also not in the foreground. I like :D

ssbranded.scr is quite good, but it sure does seem to lag the desktop!

I know that this is just a screensaver in the desktop...but i named it so to grab the attention..anyhow i am looking for the real motion desktop soon in jan 30th 2007 retail demonstration

Uhh this is nothing new and not new to Vista at all (you can do the same on XP). If there were something called "motion desktop" - this wouldn't be it.

It doesnt work very good on RTM it still hides desktop shortcuts and taskbar, to top it off it keeps a command prompt window icon showing all the time on your taskbar.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

THERE IS A MOTION DESKTOP

MS IS WORKING WITH SOME PARTNERS (like startdock etc)

"Something very very cool but unannounced

We are also working on something very very cool in partnership with Microsoft but can't yet publicly discuss"..

check out at

http://www.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?AID=136100

I thought someone will inform this...but nobody did!

So it will be available for Ultimate users as special downloads..

Of course it will work with RTM, this is how the desktop control applet does it's previews, it passes the handle of the preview screen as the /p parameter to the screensaver, pass it another handle (e.g. the desktop's) and it will draw there.

And the speed will depend on the screensaver, you can't make a blanket statement that there's no performance decrease as every screensaver is different

It works with any proper screensaver (that supports previews).

Anyways, I think it's pretty cool. And for some hot multi-monitor action, use /p65770 instead of /p65552.

Although /p65770 doesn't work. you should try the bubbles screen saver. Though you can't use the desktop, it's still pretty damn amusing to see the bubbles floating around the desktop.

Though the bubbles seem come in, indefinitely. Probably not a good idea anyway.