Osu

So.... Many of you may have seen the Ohio State Buckeyes beat their biggest rival Michigan on Saturday. I was in Ohio State to watch this game. One of the best finishes to a game I have seen in a long time.

What I want to know is... what do you think of the Buckeyes?

- First 13-0 season ever

- First Nat'l Title game appearance since 1968

- #2 Defense

Do you think they can go all the way? Did you watch the game? What were your thoughts? "F Michigan" and GO BUCKEYES!

i don't know about the game, but the students sure were idiots with the way they reacted to winning the game. i mean really, who in their right mind burns a car cause their team won? really really weird

i saw Miami play this year, we gave them a decent game but i don't think anyone cant stop then, i don't think they have even played the best of their abilities, though i remember a few years beck it was the same with florida state and they got beat....

I go with Miami because of the Big East :D

and LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS this weekend kick the crap out of Pitt in the backyard brawl

hehehehehe.... they may have gotten lucky a few times... but you cant deny the skill they have. they have some really good players, and (IMO) the coach of the year.

you just had to start a thread, didn't you tox? :p

well being the biggest michigan fan on this board, i just have to comment.

first of all, congratulations, you deserve it. it was a hell of a game. i wish i coulda been there.

OSU will definitely beat miami. Actually, i should correct myself, because i don't even think miami will make it to the fiesta bowl to begin with. miami has struggled against FSU, West Virginia, Rutgers, and Pittsburgh, who are all mediocre teams. Purdue, Michigan and Illinois would beat any of those teams. So although both miami and OSU have had close games, OSU is playing in a much much MUCH more difficult conference.

Let me also thow in that Brad Banks is hands down the best player in college football this year. His numbers blow Dorsey's away, and Banks has racked up some rushing yards as well. Next, Larry Johnson. His numbers blow McGahee's away. And Johnson only played half a game against Michigan St. Like Trev Albert from ESPN says, a lot of people voting for the Heisman shouldn't be voting. The trophy goes to the best player in ALL of college football, NOT the best player on the #1 team.

Go Big 10!

OSU's win over Purdue was pure luck. There were guys ALL OVER their receiver. :angry: So yeah, I hope they lose to Miami hardcore.

well, i was there, i saw the catch from the pressbox. it was single coverage to the outside, there was only one guy on Jenkins. ;)

that was a gutsy call: 4th and 1 from the 37 yard line, and the go for the touchdown. that's when you know it's your season.

I'm an Illinois fan (if you can't tell already) and I think when Illinois played OSU the announcers were very biased in their commentary. They seemed to "suck up" to the college and I thought it would have been nice if they looked through the other team's eyes. Well anyways....good luck to Illinois for next year!!! :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh:

hahahahahahaha

wait.

hahahaha.

please, please show some proof.

Big Ten:

OSU #2

Iowa #3

Penn State #12

Michigan #14

Big East:

Miami #1

Pittsburgh #18

Virginia Tech #19

West Virginia #21

you do the math.

I'd check the Big East's strenght of schedule, but they didn't make it in the BCS.

Well, I'm the biggest (and maybe only) Iowa Hawkeye fan here. I gotta say I've never cheered louder for Michigan in my life. Even had to break out my M sweatshirt (don't ask why I have it). But stupid stupid M. I thought for sure they'd take care of OSU. But M looked flat all game. Sure they dominated most of the game, but on a couple scoring chances they really blew it. I bet if they were the ones playing for the National Champ game, they'd have won.

As far as Fiesta Bowl, there is no way OSU should be in that game. Unfortunately they aren't getting in by how good of a team they are, but by record. I think it should be Miami vs Oklahoma or Iowa. If/when Miami wins out the season, the Fiesta Bowl will be a total blowout. Miami all the way. But an Iowa vs USC Rose bowl would probably be the best bowl game this year. The two hottest teams playing. Man I hope to be in Pasadena. Course an Orange Bowl (or Fiesta) would be sweet too.

Dude, there is no way Purdue, Michigan and Illinois could be FSU or Pitt. Well maybe Mich could beat Pitt, but Purdue and Ill? Never. My one wish is to see the Big 10 have a championship game. Because I know Iowa could take osu, with the way each has been playing. Iowa dominates, osu just squeaks by. At the beginning of the season, OSU would have won handily. But since Clarrett got hurt, OSU seems to have lost their confidence. I'm just hoping Miami, Georgia, Oklahoma all lose so we get an Iowa vs OSU championship game. But the likely hood of all three losing is pretty slim.

Gotta agree with BroChaos about the Heisman though. Banks and Johnson are the two best players day in and day out. Pretty much the only two players who have been consistent all year. Yeah McGahee, Dorsey and others are having good season, but they've all struggled at least a couple games.

BTW, where do you see OSU having the #2 defense. Overall they are 10th and rushing they are 3rd (behind Iowa:) )

Thats my thoughts. Hit me! :D

ok, Illinios might be pushing it. but michigan and purdue would kill FSU, Pitt, W. Virginia, etc. Look at Pitt's and WV's schedules. They played maybe one or 2 tough games. FSU is horrible this year. It's an outrage that they'll go to a bcs game at 8-4. Heck, Purdue almost beat iowa.

Calm down Big 12 dude. Iowa lost by 5 to a very hot Iowa St. team at the time. I don't think the Big 12 is that great this year either. When Oklahoma played Texas, they combined for 1 TD and 7 INT: hands down the ugliest and most poorly played football game i've seen all year.

Keep in mind guys that when OSU was scraping by, it was without clarett period, or without clarett at even 90% health. when they play miami, he will be close to 100%. they are a very different team when he is on the field.

Miami vs FSU: Defense gave up 296 rushing yards. Against West Virginia, 363. Tennessee - 158. Pitt - 193. Those are not good numbers. Look for a big day on the ground for OSU. It will not be the blowout everyone thinks it will be.

West Virginia had the 23rd toughest schedule

we lost to Wisonson (3rd game, played like crap, still going to bowl game) Maryland (#12 now?) and Miam #1

not that WV deserves anything great, a big turn around though from the past few year, hope to beat Pitt and go to Gator Bowl

The Buckeyes are a good football team, I love Clarett.. they don't get much respect but going 13-0 is a very though task, especially since they are in the Big 10. I don't know though, I think they'll lose to Iowa if they did play em but I think they can beat Miami (if they can get past Syracuse & VT first). I'm all for a playoff (top 8 BCS teams go into a playoff), I would've really like to see Iowa vs Ohio State! Brad Banks is my heisman candidate.

The Buckeyes are a good football team, I love Clarett.. they don't get much respect but going 13-0 is a very though task, especially since they are in the Big 10. I don't know though, I think they'll lose to Iowa if they did play em but I think they can beat Miami (if they can get past Syracuse & VT first). I'm all for a playoff (top 8 BCS teams go into a playoff), I would've really like to see Iowa vs Ohio State! Brad Banks is my heisman candidate.

well said labtec. 13-0 in the big 10 is damn near impossible. I agree that Iowa would beat OSU too. But like you said, i think they both can beat miami. also like you said, i don't think miami will even get there. OSU would squeak by miami like they always do. Iowa would absolutely kill miami. if iowa could play miami, i seriously believe the score would be 42 - 17 or something in that nature.

as crazy as it sounds, Iowa vs. OSU in the fiesta bowl is a very real possibility. i think miami will lose one of it's next two games. that would leave oklahoma and georgia. both have to play rivals this week, and have a conference championship game as well. it would only take one loss from both of them, and then next thing you know it's an all big 10 fiesta bowl.

I don't know if kill would be the word I would use in any big games coming up. As much as I loved hearing you say Iowa would kill Miami. :D

Granted Miami's run d has been suspect, but each of those teams (not sure about wv) had a solid passing game, but that is no excuse either. With OSU, they are a one dimensional team. Clarrett is an awesome back. I enjoyed watching him play at the beginning of the season (and quietly cheered when he got hurt :o ). OSU hasn't played what I would call a top calibur team. Yeah PSU, M, and Pur are all good, but not THAT good. Iowa destroyed PSU (baring the second half comeback), M in the big house, and then Purdue passed circles all around us, but the game wasn't as close as the score led on. That was before we had a decent pass rush. But like I said, those three are solid. The Big10 is pretty split down the middle. The top 4/5 teams are good, and the rest are just not good, honestly, very much like the big 12.

Speaking of which....the big 12 WAS the best conference after 4 weeks into the season. You have Okla and Tex rolling. ISU getting hot, Neb was still playing well, K State was hanging around, Tex Tech and Tex AM doing well, and Col up there. But lets look at what has happened since. Iowa state (the team I LOATHE) has completely come down to earth. The iowa win was a fluke. FLuke fluke fluke. Iowa was up by almost 30 at half. If banks hadn't had those two fumbles inside the 20, Iowa would have won. IF if if... Neb...well, we all know how bad they are. Texas is nothing. Got shreded by Kingsbury and beat by Okla, which was a pretty poor game. Tex Tech is still hanging around, and col is up there, but neither are what I consider a top quality team. To me, there are two top teams in the Big 12...Okla and K State. I think K State is the best out of that conference. So you have two good teams in the big 12, 4 decent teams (tex tech, col, tex am, tex and the rest aren't playing well at all anymore.

I think the pac 10 is doing pretty well though. USC is one of the hottest teams playing right now, along with Kstate and Iowa. Wash State was crusing until their qb got knocked out. Washington is better than their record, as is Oregon.

But thats enough for now...

hahahahahahaha

wait.

hahahaha.

please, please show some proof.

Big Ten:

OSU #2

Iowa #3

Penn State #12

Michigan #14

Big East:

Miami #1

Pittsburgh #18

Virginia Tech #19

West Virginia #21

you do the math.

I'd check the Big East's strenght of schedule, but they didn't make it in the BCS.

true. having 2 top 10 teams in the same conference is both rare and dominating. Big 10 is the best conference in the ncaa this season. hands down.

well said labtec. 13-0 in the big 10 is damn near impossible. I agree that Iowa would beat OSU too. But like you said, i think they both can beat miami. also like you said, i don't think miami will even get there. OSU would squeak by miami like they always do. Iowa would absolutely kill miami. if iowa could play miami, i seriously believe the score would be 42 - 17 or something in that nature.

as crazy as it sounds, Iowa vs. OSU in the fiesta bowl is a very real possibility. i think miami will lose one of it's next two games. that would leave oklahoma and georgia. both have to play rivals this week, and have a conference championship game as well. it would only take one loss from both of them, and then next thing you know it's an all big 10 fiesta bowl.

how if iowa is #3...

eh, i forgot about the damn bcs rankings. :angry:

how if iowa is #3...

eh, i forgot about the damn bcs rankings. :angry:

Well if Okla, Georgia and Miami lost, Iowa would be number 2 in both polls and probably bcs as well. If Miami loses, Iowa would be ranked 2 and 3 in the polls, then if Okla loses, Iowa would be 2. Course chances are Georgia would still be ahead of them in the bcs most likely. All those stupid computer rankings have Iowa ranked from 6-8. Thats whats killing their bcs ranking.

I think Iowa is the best team in the country right now. In the end I think it will be OSU over Miami, but I am hoping that Virginia Tech can get their act together and put Miami in their place (#3).

On a side note, I think we (UF) played Miami way too early this year (week 2). We are completey diffrent team right now with a lot of confidence......to bad Auburn couldn't beat Georgia. Oh well.

wow, even getting some love from you gator :p

i'm sure it's hard to say that being from the sec

what happened with grossman this year? i haven't check recently, last time i saw he had almost the same number of td's as int's. i'm figuring that was their problem early on.

I disagree with the Iowa beating OSU comments. I think OSU would win at home against Iowa, maybe struggle on the road against them. But with Clarrett 100 percent, Iowa would struggle to contain him. Remember that OSU is in the top 5 for run defense and Krenzel is the best QB that OSU has had in years.

I hated how people on www.fark.com would lash out saying Iowa would kill OSU. Iowa should have beaten ISU earlier this year. UConn crushed ISU and UConn is a pretty bad squad. All this negativism against OSU is due to the fact that they've barely squeaked by in the past few games. But remember, excessive scoring is not rated on the BCS charts.

wow, even getting some love from you gator :p

i'm sure it's hard to say that being from the sec

what happened with grossman this year? i haven't check recently, last time i saw he had almost the same number of td's as int's. i'm figuring that was their problem early on.

Oh boy, the first part of this year I absolutely hated Grossman and couldn't help but yell at him along with the other 85,000 people in the stands. He just was not himself. I know it wasn't all his fault. He was dealing with a completely new system and a new coach and and actual offensive coordinator.

I would say the last 3 games, especially Aburn and Geaorgia, he has been back to his solid self. It was a little late, but a nice relief. If he goes to the NFL draft I'd say he is still first round material.