[Soccer] The Greatest Goal I've Scored (Indoors)

I don't have a video, so I will do my best to describe the goal in words.

I was never any good at headers. In fact, I've always struggled with getting the ball to go the way I want it to go. Recently, however, I have been particularly succesful with at least getting it to go in the right direction. So I was playing in an indoor house-league game and we were on a fierce attack. After a few opportunities near the net, one of my teammates couldn't get a nice pass over and had to result to using the wall. Now, this game was played in a gym, so we were allowed to use the walls for controlling the ball, passes, you name it. As well, we are talking about a net that is around a metre tall and around a metre and a half wide. So my teammate kicks the ball from the left wing, against the back wall. At the moment it rebounds off the wall, I'm standing right in front of the opposing team's net, on the edge of the creast and right across from the goalie. I jump up. The ball rebounds, and goes right for my head. I still don't know how I did it, but from the air, I head the ball as downwards as I can, and it hits the floor and rolls right between the goalie's legs! I still don't understand how the ball didn't bounce straight back up, the spin on it must have been just right. Needless to say, I hit the ground with a huge smile on my face!

Simple to us, astronomical to slimy :p

:laugh:

Scirwode

I remember one I got while playing for my ATC squadron. From a bit inside the opposition half, I crossed the ball and it went in :blink: . Got to the final that year and lost 3-0. Only year we ever got past first round.

The weirdest goal I ever scored was outside the 18-yard box. My teammate passed the ball and I kicked it as it was moving towards me except...I had stumbled before the kick and I ended up kicking more of the grass than the ball. I stumbled to the ground with my toe in pain and I look up and the ball goes over the goalie and into the net, somewhat like an umbrella.

Until this day, I have no idea how that ball ended up going in :pinch:

A few months ago i was playing for my 11 aside team at uni. Now being a far removed from the power-bunch at the helm of our group i was forced to play right back which i was unhappy about.

then one day (as sort of a silent protest to myself maybe) i kept running forward, way out of position. anyway we were losing 1-0 and the game was nearing an end.

I was picked the ball up outside my box, dribbled past 5 of their players. then i start flicking the ball up and i bicycle-kicked the ball from fully 50 yards on the volley and it went in off the underside of the crossbar. My teammates showered me with praise and a free night for me at the bar was on the cards.,

A few months ago i was playing for my 11 aside team at uni. Now being a far removed from the power-bunch at the helm of our group i was forced to play right back which i was unhappy about.

then one day (as sort of a silent protest to myself maybe) i kept running forward, way out of position. anyway we were losing 1-0 and the game was nearing an end.

I was picked the ball up outside my box, dribbled past 5 of their players. then i start flicking the ball up and i bicycle-kicked the ball from fully 50 yards on the volley and it went in off the underside of the crossbar. My teammates showered me with praise and a free night for me at the bar was on the cards.,

Shame you dont have a video to prove it. :whistle: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I don't have a video, so I will do my best to describe the goal in words.

I was never any good at headers. In fact, I've always struggled with getting the ball to go the way I want it to go. Recently, however, I have been particularly succesful with at least getting it to go in the right direction. So I was playing in an indoor house-league game and we were on a fierce attack. After a few opportunities near the net, one of my teammates couldn't get a nice pass over and had to result to using the wall. Now, this game was played in a gym, so we were allowed to use the walls for controlling the ball, passes, you name it. As well, we are talking about a net that is around a metre tall and around a metre and a half wide. So my teammate kicks the ball from the left wing, against the back wall. At the moment it rebounds off the wall, I'm standing right in front of the opposing team's net, on the edge of the creast and right across from the goalie. I jump up. The ball rebounds, and goes right for my head. I still don't know how I did it, but from the air, I head the ball as downwards as I can, and it hits the floor and rolls right between the goalie's legs! I still don't understand how the ball didn't bounce straight back up, the spin on it must have been just right. Needless to say, I hit the ground with a huge smile on my face!

You were offsides.

Quote - (jerzdawg @ Jan 4 2007, 13:36)

You were offsides.

:laugh: Dude.. its offside..not offsides..:p

I didnt know canadians could play soccer!? do you like..kick a puck around or what?! :p

:laugh: Dude.. its offside..not offsides..:p

I didnt know canadians could play soccer!? do you like..kick a puck around or what?! :p

Yep thats exactly what we do, we are all Eskimos and live in igloos and have beavers as our pets.