[Cricket] Australia wins the Ashes!

It was always expected. I expect this series to be a replay of last ashes down under (4-1 in favour of Australia).

But, after england bowled so well in the 1st innings I was hoping they could make the series a bit interesting.

But, their bating and 2nd innings bowling bungled it all up :angry: .

And cricket is not a boring sport. It's way more fun than most american sports. Its a lot more complex and interesting.

I guess Duncan Fletcher is in real trouble now. The team management made some bad decisions. I read Boycott's article calling for his sacking. I feel a bit sorry for him, as his overall track record is quite good (considering that he has coached for such a long time), and he has done a lot for English cricket.

i know what ur talkin about bro... :( thats truly the pinnacle of pain...ouch !!!

btw iam not a big fan of the Aussie cricket team....they are terrible sportsmen and are generally hated by all other international teams because of their arrogant and abusive attitude...don't know why that is....Australians in general appear to be very cool people.

Their policy is to come hard at their opponents. They want to be aggressive, and there is nothing wrong with this. However, abuse should not be a part of cricket, which is rightly called the gentleman's game. Hurling abuses at each other doesn't make sportsmen look good, and it is true for all teams, and not just for Australia.

They're the best team in the world, and they deserve all the praise they get.

I actually din't expect it to happen but I think England can bounce back and make it 3-2 at the end of it. They have what it takes to do it and I know that they will give 100%!

Haha, very true.

Ha ha ha indeed.. how very funny you Canadians and Australians are! Truly the Cannon and Ball of world comedy...

Actually no it's not true.. see above (the celebrations came from the small minority of people who care about/watch cricket and the rest were those who were absolutely surprised at an England team winning anything in sport.)

Of course it's always an absolute pleasure to beat Australia at anything. It doesn't happen very often, of course, but always a pleasure.

It's a shame Warne's retiring, the man is a legend and a good bloke off the pitch too.

Ha ha ha indeed.. how very funny you Canadians and Australians are! Truly the Cannon and Ball of world comedy...

Actually no it's not true.. see above (the celebrations came from the small minority of people who care about/watch cricket and the rest were those who were absolutely surprised at an England team winning anything in sport.)

Of course it's always an absolute pleasure to beat Australia at anything. It doesn't happen very often, of course, but always a pleasure.

It's a shame Warne's retiring, the man is a legend and a good bloke off the pitch too.

lol yeah. Big cricket fan? No? :laugh:

^Meaning he's not an arrogant a#@!+*#% off the pitch, unlike many pros.

No, I'm not a big cricket fan, I find it protracted and boring. Two close (British) friends of mine have met Warne (and a lot of other players) quite a few times and they like him (even if he is a rude Aussie.. but then, aren't you all?) :D :p

^Meaning he's not an arrogant a#@!+*#% off the pitch, unlike many pros.

No, I'm not a big cricket fan, I find it protracted and boring. Two close (British) friends of mine have met Warne (and a lot of other players) quite a few times and they like him (even if he is a rude Aussie.. but then, aren't you all?) :D :p

Shutup... please.

See we arn't rude at all :cool:

Warne is a dick, really he is, sure he's not an ass off the field, but ya know. Cheating, Flirting, etc. not nice. Grea cricketer though.

He's not that big a dick to be honest. He's made mistakes thats for sure but find me anyone here that hasn't.

Sad to see him go. Hopefully he can go out on a 5-0 series =)

• 1 month later...

England won the commonwealth bank series final easy today.

2-0 best of 3.

What pleasure I had watching the Aussie fans leaving early looking at the floor crying into their beer.

''But mate, we are the best in the world'', ''not any more''. ha ha ha ha.

England still can improve 4-fold as they are still not playing their best.

Additions of Ramps and Butcher will strengthen the side and maybe Brown & Benning for the world cup.